Difference in Bumpers - Standard Vs Super S

CMF_Jas

» CMF Member
G'day,

Obviously the front bar is different between the garden variety and the Super S. (I couldn't find any info in the forums)

What is the difference between the rear bar standard Vs Super S?

I thought they were the same but now believe the Super S comes slightly further out, but does anyone know by how much? Do they mount the same?

CMF_Jas

» CMF Member
Yeah they are colour coded. All I really know is that the Super S rear mud flaps (moulded) don't fit on the standard bar as it leaves a noticable gap.

I should have said... the reason I asked is I had a mark (small gouge) on my rear bar so had it replaced and resprayed but the crash shop put on a standard bar and it doesn't fit with the mudflaps. They are now getting a Super S bar and spraying that at no charge, so it'll look good as new. It seems the standard one doesn't stick out as far but it is hard to tell.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
The bumper doesn't extend out any more overall than the LX/SLX bumpers, no. The difference is that the bottom of the Super-S bar doesn't tuck underneath the car as much as the LX/SLX does. This makes the LX/SLX bumpers give the car a more of a bubble look than the Super-S, which has more square-looking bumpers on front and rear.

If you compare Super-S and LX/SLX front bumpers, they follow the same pattern of change as the rear ones do. If I get a free moment ever I'll take some photos side-by-side comparing them. Jon could also do this so he might beat me to it if he can be bothered :p

---dens

CMF_Jas

» CMF Member
Awesome guys, thanks for the info! That would also explain why they bolt up exactly the same but the mudflaps don't fit due to the lower portion being slightly different.

You'd think that Nissan would have created a more distinct rear bar for the Super S since it is different anyway. Meh.

Back