Any advice on gear box oil & maintenance?

Hi there, tail spin of a 2 week rennovation and it's looking really good but just wandering about gear box, topping up / replacing oil and easiest way to do.

Also not entirely sure what spec oil is best to use. Any advice on that area and what to do would be great....never touched the gearbox....maybe is time to pay it some attention. Cheers

75W/80 is what I use. Anything thicker and it's difficult to get into first on really cold days. I've also added Slick50 for manual transmissions to it. Easiest way is to drain it via the plug near the bottom of the box and fill it via the Speedo drive after removing it. You need 2.8-3.0 litres.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

75W/80 is what I use. Anything thicker and it's difficult to get into first on really cold days. I've also added Slick50 for manual transmissions to it. Easiest way is to drain it via the plug near the bottom of the box and fill it via the Speedo drive after removing it. You need 2.8-3.0 litres.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Brilliant, cheers Agent Sm1th, will be following this to the letter this pm. Always tend to give up these things when it comes to gearbox but this time will be doing it right. Many thanks

Back