Another wheel question

ash 101

Ex. Club Member
I`ve been trying to find a set of cheap 13" wheels for my k10 but it`s not going well.Does anybody know if any other car manufacterer`s wheels will fit?
I had a k11 earlier this year and the lad had wheels of a rover on them. :k10:

Wheels with 4x100 stud fitment and around 35offset will fit. That means there is a HUGE choice out there. Ill let you however do the looking.

presumably your looking for alloys?

if so, try ebay its got a fairly good search thing, or look on the buy and sell on here, something comes up every now and then.

if not a scrap yard will give you some.

Unfortunately the centre bore is a problem, most cars are too small, the only wheels I have found that succesfully fit are renault.

well the centre bore is very important, the wheel sits on the hub, the wheel nuts just hold it on sideways, if the centre bore is to big the studs could shear off and the wheel will come off. if it's too small it won't fit on the hub.

I find the Renault wheels are ok as they are only 1mm bigger.

If you get them too big you can get spigot rings that step the size up.

it also depends on luck.

the theory is indeed as olly says, its pretty critical.

but in practise I know of a couple of people who have ran alloys for many years with no spigot rings (therefore centrebore too large). They have just been careful gradually tightening lug nuts and have never had any problems. (one of these cars is modified and gets driven hard by the way).

Please note I am not reccomending it, just trying to pass on others experience.

PS I have taken out the centre bore on the rear alloys on my K10 with a die grinder, and finished by hand. I am a fitter by trade though ;) they've been fine so far. Touch wood.

Back