k10 wheel offsets

k11_998

Ex. Club Member
hi

have searched threads but couldnt find anything so i hope i am not asking an annoyingly repetative question, but my mate recently bought a 1.2 k10 5dr, for a trip to spain, and just before he went we tried to fit a set of 15 inch wheels from an astra, but they scrubbed really bad and prevent the car from getting anywhere near full lock, from my search i saw that alot of people are running 15s, so i was wondering if anybody could tell me what offsets and wheel widths they where running, we dont mind a bit of arch rolling, but the car handles really nice, so we dont really want to have to reduce the steering lock

also out of curiosity, the car has a full lenght electric ragtop, i have never seen a k10 with one before, is this quite rare

nexussteve

The reason you're happy!
From what I've found out the max width on a k10 lowered by 35mm is about 195, but I havent actually done it (yet).

OP
OP
k11_998

k11_998

Ex. Club Member
the cars not lowered yet but will probably be on the cards if we can build some coilovers for it, i think the wheels we fitted were 195 50 15s, but they were on standard vauxhall wheels so they probably had an annoying offset, i am thinking that mx5 wheels would be prefect for the theme of the car, has anyone ever fitted these

Baz

Ex. Club Member
I have rota 15" wheels 4x100 ET38 as far as I know ,better off using a 45 profile tire with 15 especially on the back