Another Super S dies

CMF_RipSuperS

» CMF Member
Hey Kids

My Super S got toasted in a pile up on the gateway on monday. I was hit hard in the back and forced into a falcon with a nice big tow bar on it. It dosen't look that bad but apparently its a write off. floor is creased etc. Its real annoying because I just put a new clutch in it and was loving the economy and the fun factor of driving it again.
So if anyone is looking for one for parts it is at Fowls Auctions at Eagle Farm.

Cheers

Scott

CMF_RipSuperS

» CMF Member
Its a 1995 Series 1. I would really like to get another one because they are such great little cars. looks like I will have 2 chances of being able to find another Super S though!

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
What a tragic end to an excellent little car... from the photo it looks to be in good nick before the crash.

I am glad you are thinking of buying it "SSS". It would end up at a good home that way.... If you buy it is your plan for all the Super S parts be transfered into a nice LX ?.

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
Okay lets see here.

Super S wheels with brand new rubber - $300
Super S front seats - $150
Super S rear seats - $50
Super S interior plastics (including steering wheel) - $150
Super S speedo/tacho cluster - $170
Super S sunroof and roof trim - $300
Super S rear bar (slightly damaged) - $70
Super S front driving lights (good) - $70
Super S rear disc brake axle - $200
Super S brake booster assembly - $150
Electric window wiring and motors - $50
Central locking setup - $30
Exterior handles - $50
Aircon setup - $100
Steering rack - $150
engine and gearbox with brand new clutch and 227,000km on clock - $300
ABS system - $300
Doors are OK - $80
Bonnet and front quarter panels OK - $200
Rear hatch spoiler - $80
Headlight x1 - $40

Thats about all which is useable from it i think. About $3000 potential resale available there.

cisco

» CMF Member
Wow, so you saw this car in the flesh and it really has power windows? That's awesome.

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
Sorry cisco, tony has already put dibs on the electric windows. :p

And em has put dibs on the clutch.

What am I saying? I havent even bought the bloody thing yet.

You better all be preying for me from 10AM EST (GMT +10hr) tomorrow morning!!

cisco

» CMF Member
No I was just more interested that the car actually had electric windows heh, I wouldn't bog blue monster down with the extra weight, but they would be very cool.

Quite a few great and VERY RARE items in this pile. Tacho gauge cluster (very soughtafter) and disc brake setup.

WOW, go and buy it, you will sell the stuff so easily!

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
It would almost be worth importing some late model Micras from japan, For parts i mean.

Just think later model rear lights, dash, power windows and mirrors and you could have a one off late model front with big bug eyes. I do no an importer $$$..

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah just a pity that we're not allowed to import HK11 micras in Australia - too new.

Stupid regulations to keep Holden and Ford out of trouble haha.

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
Normally small cars like this sell for around $600 i'm told.

But this being a super s - well i wouldnt be suprised if the final sale bid is up around $1200.

Its damage is easily fixable. Accident didnt even bend the front radiator support - which is the main structural component which has been damaged on the front...

Easily fixable. But i wouldnt plan on doing that. I'm too lazy.

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
I'm not in the slightest interested in fixing the car after I looked at it today.

Its been tainted by that name next to its VIN and I'd rather never register the car again. If you know what i mean.

Oh man i heard some dodgey stuff at those auctions. Funnily enough most of the people who were obviously pro's at the whole fixing up broken cars, etc avoided the flood damaged cars. They didnt even go near them.

Its like they know that metal is easier to work with than electricals. LOL

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
excuse my ignorance sss, but were you the owner of this car? im still a newbie to this forum and havent gotten familiar with the names yet. are you ripsupers? im planning on getting a micra one day soon as a daily driver. i would really like a super s. maybe i will buy a lx and buy some parts off you for the conversion. when you say tainted name next to vin. what exactly do you mean? please excuse me if that was a silly q.

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
Whats the deal with importing car parts into Australia? I guess there's GST to pay but what about tariffs etc?
If there not too much, I can see quite a business opportunity.
Aside from the prices for the doors, that list appeared comical.

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
If you do get I'd be interested in the rear spoiler and the Super "S" seats if they are in good condition.
I was actually planning on doing a phone bidding until I found out it would cost around $600 to get it freighted down here.
If we assume it sold for the top dollar of $1,200-$1,500 then it made it an expensive proposition for me even allowing for the individual item value. There would still be the storage and stripping hassles.
Had it been in Vic dead set I would have been bidding.

Mychael

cisco

» CMF Member
It definately had a lot of goodies on it.

I hope it gets wrecked and we find out who's got it, so that people can get some great parts for their beloved micra projects !

Back