(Another) New Exhaust

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
Right, got bored of the bike exhaust after about 10 mins of it being on. So this morning I went out and spent 25 quid on a cherry bomb and 2.50 on a bracket and clamp.
Pictures and sound clips to follow.

There was nothing wrong with it, I just wasn't happy with it. I was looking for a sound and the exhaust wasn't giving the right one.

lol! this'l be another one of your threads that ill be checking daily

personaly i thought the bike exhaust was an awesome idea!!

obviously you do whats right for you though:)

I got a cherry bomb centre box for £25 from my local Motorists Discount Centre, I'm gunna stick a trim on the end as there is no way I'm payin an extra 15 quid for a chrome tip, lol.
This sounds a lot like the bike exhaust but you can hear it through all the gears. The bike exhaust made a deep roar at 950-2500RPM.

I have the standard exhaust, gunna do a full cherry bomb probs, from downpipe back. I wanted to get sidepipes but I couldn't afford £435 for an SVA approved one.

WELL I HAVE A STANDARD ONE, ITS JUST BEEN CUSTOMISED THATS ALL.

FIRSTLY I CUT OUT THE CENTRE BOX AND WELDED IN A STRAIGHT PIECE. THEN I DRILLED A HOLE IN THE END OF THE BACKBOX NEXT TO THE TAIL PIPE AND PROCEDED TO REMOVE ALL OF THE WADDING, THEN I GOT THE STAINLESS TAILPIPE OFF OF A SCORPIAN BACK BOX (THE ROUNDED RECTANGLE TYPE ONE) ANS WELDED THAT ONTO THE BACKBOX.
THIS ONE
rearbefore.jpg

P.S. NOW I HAVE SS BODYKIT ON IT.

cheers mate, sounds pretty well aswell (i dont mind to sound big headded or owt lol)

actually its exactly what i was lookin for, not too loud when cruising, very loud when 'booting it' and overtaking, but the best bit it pops and bangs when slowing down, or maintaining speed downhill with no throttle.

next to come is a spark plug in the tailpipe and wind in the mixture screw a little more lol

Doesnt that fail the mot for being too loud?

Edit: Noooooooooo don't get a flamer kit.

Get a proper car with a turbo and anti-lag.

Doesnt that fail the mot for being too loud?

Edit: Noooooooooo don't get a flamer kit.

Get a proper car with a turbo and anti-lag.

it hasnt been thru a test yet with it on, but i now the right mot'er if you no what i mean, (nudge nudge wink wink)

dont wory when i can insure a propper car with a turbo and antilag, ill be getting one, but being a 19year old student workin part time, with an insurance policy with zero NCD, its kinda hard to get a quote nevermind afford it.

cherry bombs are ace- I had one on my first car, sonded lovely :) until it fell off......

whats a DB killer? (physically) is it like a bung?

I know what you mean about that right sound, i went through 5 back boxes and three systems last year on the k11. The k10 is having part of my OMP k11 system welded in to give me manderal bent bends!

It's a long metal tube, that goes down the end, do a search on ebay for it.

Here is a pic of the amazing bracketry, the video will be done soon
22-08-07_1212.jpg

Here's the video, I couldn't rev it as much as I wanted to as the neighbors would complain but you get the idea.

As Ik said above, I wasn't going to pay an extra 15 quid for a bit of silver tip. I checked them out and they are the same.

it hasnt been thru a test yet with it on, but i now the right mot'er if you no what i mean, (nudge nudge wink wink)

dont wory when i can insure a propper car with a turbo and antilag, ill be getting one, but being a 19year old student workin part time, with an insurance policy with zero NCD, its kinda hard to get a quote nevermind afford it.

i hate it when people put this...

THE MOT IS THERE FOR A REASON, ITS TO SAVE LIVES FROM DODGY MOTORS. AFTER ALL WOULD YOU BE ABLE TO LIVE WITH YOURSELF IF SOMETHING THAT THIS "MATE" PASSED ON YOUR CAR CAUSED A FATAL ACCIDENT OF SOME KIND???

for the love of god, if it fails an mot. FIX IT!!!

I understand what you are saying, I also don't ,like people that only fix things beacause their MOT is soon, but a loud exhaust is a stupid reason to fail

from experience being a biker.. a louder exhaust can save lives.. if a kid hears the car coming.. less chance it will run out! and same goes for other road users... you always notice when a car is coming with a loud exhaust and you dont pull out in front of them.

i hate it when people put this...

THE MOT IS THERE FOR A REASON, ITS TO SAVE LIVES FROM DODGY MOTORS. AFTER ALL WOULD YOU BE ABLE TO LIVE WITH YOURSELF IF SOMETHING THAT THIS "MATE" PASSED ON YOUR CAR CAUSED A FATAL ACCIDENT OF SOME KIND???

for the love of god, if it fails an mot. FIX IT!!!

i didnt mean it like that, if the car is unsafe it WILL fail, but if the emmisions are a little bit high or the exhaust is a bit loud or you have a decat on or you have a 4 branch on it will go through but these things dont neceseraly mean that the car is going to kill someone does it?

how fast your car goes is directly related to how far down your right foot is, not necessarily the mods that are done to it

ok, point understood..

and its not speed that kills.......its the rapid decelleration associated with speed that kills...

and deceleration is a negative acceleration........ so therefore acceleration kills- probarly why its so bloody exciting :)

as my driving instructor used to say, speed doesn't kill it speed in the wrong time and place that kills. Fall from great heights doesn't kill you either its the hitting the ground, knives and guns don't kill its only people......etc etc

Forgotten my point now.

The thing is though, there are regulations about noise for the sake of other people, and houses. It's anti-social and I live near a main road, not too far away and it's annoying it's a 10 minute walk and I can still hear boy racers at night.

Keep your car with in the regulations

The thing is though, there are regulations about noise for the sake of other people, and houses. It's anti-social and I live near a main road, not too far away and it's annoying it's a 10 minute walk and I can still hear boy racers at night.

Keep your car with in the regulations

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HOWARD-LEIGHT-QUIET-CORDED-RE-USABLE-EAR-PLUGS-IN-CASE_W0QQitemZ120153075407QQihZ002QQcategoryZ141065QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Problem Solved!

lol

Nice response!! Let us know when you hit puberty!!!

I used to live in a high street and had boy racers going past on a daily basis!! was annoying on an un accountable scale!! Have respect for the people that live in built up areas!! Be as loud as you won't in the non built up areas! But have respect for residents!!

Nice response!! Let us know when you hit puberty!!!

Will do!!

out of interest is your car louder than standard or has it got a standard exhaust?

Plus, My car is louder than it should be but in no comparison to the scoobies and evos, etc, that are very loud from the factory...

WHY are loud exhausts associated with 'boy racers'? what is your perception of a boy racer. as i dont think i am one...

however, just because my exhaust is louder than it should be does that make me a boy racer?

plus it was only ment as a joke...

well i thought it was funny! :grinning:

I live on a main road too, and when I hear the grumble of a nicely tuned motor burble past it makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up :)

S'pose i've not finished puberty yet..................

well i thought it was funny! :grinning:

I live on a main road too, and when I hear the grumble of a nicely tuned motor burble past it makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up :)

S'pose i've not finished puberty yet..................

LOL me too :p I have to get off my seat and run to my window to see what it is :p

Back