Project bike exhaust

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
I decided to start a new thread as a kind of blog thing about fitting a bike exhaust to my micra.
When it is fitted I will include sound clips and videos if I can get any flames.
I just held it up against the original backbox to see how it will fit, keep in mind this is just a rough idea and it will sit higher.
18-07-07_1903.jpg

18-07-07_1904.jpg

18-07-07_1905.jpg

What do you think?

I think it's gonna look a bit weird! It's not often you see cars with fully visible tailpipes facing downwards.

i love the idea of the bike exhaust, its something im gonna try, but i think there are much prettier back boxes about than the one in the pic(carbon fibre takes my fancy!), or is that one just temporary?

It was 20 quid, if I had the cash it would be quad carbon fibre exhaust. My exhaust had a dirty great hole in it so I thought I would try this.
The link pipe is big enough to connect straight to the downpipe, I did consider putting it out in front of the drivers side front wheel.

Nah I want it to keep it standard should I have to put on a proper exhaust, when I get a new car I will do it to the micra.
I'm not sure if it would pass an MOT like that... surely someone else will try it tho???

not sure on how many cats the k10 has like, but if it has and you re-move them its gonna fail, if it doesnt have anycats and you make a pipe coming off the manifold straight out the side it probs will pass. also depends on the tester. not 100% it will pass so dont take my word ;)

Right, just a quick update:
Due to being unable to breathe underwater (with the floods etc) I haven't been able to start yet, but today I bought a pipe reducer. This brings the total cost up to £25.95.
Next I need to buy a pipe flex which will cost around £15.
This should bring the cost to around £40.95. Hope to get it done by next weekend.

lol get the snorkle out!

i want to see this!!!

This little project got more interest than I thought it would, I could fit it tonight but I want the flexi pipe to prevent the welds from snapping.
Also the link pipe on the exhaust looks like carbon steel and I'm not sure how that is to weld...

Ive just made a side exit exhaust today :D Ill post some piccies when i can find the camera lead.

Right I will be fitting exhaust this weekend, as long as I can get welding done. I had to wait for parts, now I have my reducer ring but no rubbers so I will bolt it straight on without rubbers, if this becomes a problem I will purchase rubbers at a later date.

Ok, I have got my Polyflex exhaust hangers, now all I need is a bit of flex and one more clamp, it WILL be done this weekend. lol.

As soon as I can work out a way of getting sound from my car to the computer yes, lol.
It sounds really nice though, like a superbike actually. You get a nice big roar on the acceleration then it pops and backfires on the way back down.

What adjustments are required to make that fit better? Is the box too long or the original pipework?

It's a bit of both, the box is too long and the pipe work is at the wrong angle. I'm gunna get some flex and point the pipe out diagonally unless anyone has a better idea?
It is also a bit low. I need to get a standard exhaust (second hand if anyone is stripping) just in case I get pulled by the law.

Looks good mate, i did one a few months ago on my mates mk2 golf gti, with straight through system, manifold, and re-mapped ecu it sounded absolutely mental!

it doesn't stick out so much anymore, it wasn't legal before cos it came out further than the bumper, now it is in line with the lower half of the bumper.

Back