Annoying Leak...

A few weeks ago my passenger footwell was suddenly soaked with water, i lifted up the carpet to check for holes etc and found nothing i still can't find the cause of the leak but it needs to be fixed asap for the sale.

either the wiper cowl/cabin intake drain points are blocked and flooding into the intake or most likely the rubber seals for the clips under the windscreen that holds the windscreen cowl has perished over the yrs and water leaks from windscreen through the broken seals and straight down the cabin intake fan onto the passenger floor

128..jpg

(as is what happened in my case during a monsoon)
(pic heavy)
http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/35251-PollyMobiles-Rebuild

also check the ecu hasn't been soaked by the water cos that could short it

Hmm i did remove the scuttle to check this out and did see clips there but i wasnt sure what i was looking at to be completly honest, if they are perished does it mean just putting new clips in? the link didnt work matey thanks

i just took out the cowl clips & green windscreen locator clip (was a dashboard/ventilation out procedure) and bonded them back on with PU sealant

corrected link,
or search for pollymobiles rebuild for my blog on this, its under post #32

Oh thanks! i will get to it at the weekend :D do you know how to remove the boot handle from the boot (the plastic bit with numberplate lights in)

Oh thanks! i will get to it at the weekend :D do you know how to remove the boot handle from the boot (the plastic bit with numberplate lights in)

Two nuts hold it on, you have to remove the boot panel on the inside to get at them (about 8 screw clips hold it on)

Back