amp sub lights dimming help

W

winstonerogers

am noe xpert but a thought power caps were just pointless like an electric meter or summit? a would suggest a new more powerful battery although a was running more than that off my k11 battery n it was fine

if the lights dim when the engine is running then i would suspect the alternator and/or battery have had it, i see no reason for you to need the caps really.

sonic said:
if the lights dim when the engine is running then i would suspect the alternator and/or battery have had it, i see no reason for you to need the caps really.

Not really, they maybe on there way out however try upgrading The Big 3 and hopefully you should find the dimming stops unless the battery is beyond saving

I've recently installed the new HU from Ben, and I've noticed mine now does this, only running one amp!!! This was with the engine off, and the volume up high. SO not really bothered about it!!

wat if i get a bigger cap???

bad time to ask wat is a cap, proper definition, wat is it doing in my boot?

thx

The big three are;

Option #1 : The Magic Wires
Replace the factory ground wire between the battery and the car chassis with at least a 4-gauge cable. This will help minimize voltage drops caused by high resistance in the stock cable. Also replace the stock charging wire between the battery and the alternator with at least a 4-gauge cable. If the alternator has a chassis ground cable, upgrade that wire too.This is relatively inexpensive and should be done for every system 500 watts or higher in total amplifier power.

Pete (retepetsir) and myself have installed bigger much systems into K11's. Try The Big Three first, if it doesn't solve your problem the second option is to go for a bigger alternator and then a bigger battery. The second option should be done in that order unless your current battery is knackered.

Don't bother with a power cap they are not worth it

Mike

http://micra.org.uk/t4678-power-caps.html a piece to read on power caps.

Also if you wanting a battery for your system, I have one that will be ideal on ebay right now!

Linky

thanks
Kev

R05_Micra said:
am i right in reading, £299.99 RRP, £150 buy it now? bit steap aint it lol

Why a bit steap?!?!

It's basically a brand new battery that has RRP of £299.99 and for a second hand price of £150 it's a damn good price.

Kev

Back