alternator

CMF_swiss n/a

» CMF Member
I got a 97 micra with aircon i will remove the aircon to save weight. so heres my question: is it possible to move the alternator to the lower position where it is on the micras with no aircon? so i would have no problem to fit a header.

thanx

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
hi i have done this. you need the shorter belt, i also used the 2 different alternaotr mounts/brackets whcih the non aircon micra uses. they are also so much smaller and lighter.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
You dont have to remove the aircon to fit a set of headers. You just need to find the right set of headers really.

Please note that when removing the aircon you'll need a fair bit of gear from a non aircon micra.

You'll need the new alternator mounting bracket, the non aircon idler/tensioner pulley, and of course the shorter belt.

Good luck with it. :) Aircon slows these cars down immensly!

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
65amp i think for the alternator.
swiss, it was not too hard to take it all out. just all unbolts. i called somone out to remove the gas in an environmental way. but it could have been released to air, but thats pollution.

CMF_Bizardo

» CMF Member
by the way. does anyone know of any bigger alternator than 70amp that straight in? have much electrical equipment in my car, 3 amplifires, 2 subwoofers, 2 10" speakers, 1 computer, 1 playstation and i'm gonna put in an old Amiga 600 soon. but i think i need more power or is it possible to put in an extra 70 amp alternator? any guides how to do that?

CMF_swiss n/a

» CMF Member
Yom WROTE:

"You dont have to remove the aircon to fit a set of headers. You just need to find the right set of headers really.<BR><BR>Please note that when removing the aircon you'll need a fair bit of gear from a non aircon micra.<BR><BR>You'll need the new alternator mounting bracket, the non aircon idler/tensioner pulley, and of course the shorter belt.<BR><BR>Good luck with it. :) Aircon slows these cars down immensly!

thank you for that yom! if you can tell me a 4-2-1 header wich fits the march with the aircon please do it!!

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Snoopy WROTE:

"Impul from memory make extractor kits to suit cars with a/c. I cant remember if they are 4-1 or 4-2-1. PM gtrholic as he has a set on his car

4-1 from impul.

The japanese have plenty of options and designs, getting harder to find though. (keep in mind that aircon would be standard on over 80% of all march and cube sold)

Generally the japanese use 4-1 for the 1.3's and 4-2-1 for the 1L's. I have a little saying. "Do as the japanese do." Why? Well I reckon that most of the time they do it the best.

CMF_swiss n/a

» CMF Member
thank you all for your help!! i will look what i can get in switzerland... and wich is better on my 1.3! anyone has expirience with both of the systems and can tell me what really gives the better performance!!

... and thanks again..

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
I'm going with 4-1 extractors on my own 1.3L.

Theres many arguements and comparisions between 4-1 and 4-2-1 around the web. Personally I think it comes down to your personal preference.

Both styles if they're well designed will give awesome improvements on the CG13.

CMF_lam.666

» CMF Member
an alternator replacement you might want to try would be to upgrade to an N15 alternator.

it physically looks the same, only difference would be the actual plug. which if you could source you could splice into the current plugs spot.

thought it might help with what i had in store for the car, but i wont be running any big ass sound system, so i doubt i'll see any actual gains from it.

Back