removing aircon

CMF_maat

» CMF Member
hey guys im removing my aircon from my super s, my question is when i move my alternator down to where the aircon compressor was will it use the same mounting braket as the compressor or its original one, OR do i have to find a non aircon micra and get the mount off it?

cheers guys

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
yeah just found this out today to fit extractors it is a pain in the ass. I have used the same mounting point and a bracket off another engine. Worked well i guess. Now have extractors on and will be taking it for a run tomorrow.
Did anyone note any difference in power whan fiting the hurricane extractors.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
sikK11 WROTE:

"yeah just found this out today to fit extractors it is a pain in the ass. I have used the same mounting point and a bracket off another engine. Worked well i guess. Now have extractors on and will be taking it for a run tomorrow.

Did anyone note any difference in power whan fiting the hurricane extractors.

If people didn't, why would anyone change from the standard exhaust manifold..?

Depending on how the rest of your exhaust is it's likely to run lean up in the top-end but they definitely help out with midrange to top-end.

The other day I was comparing the aircon and non-aircon alternator brackets and they are completely different. There's the plate that holds the aircon compressor in place as well as the bottom pivot point of the alternator, then the top of the alt is held up with another bracket on the head.

From memory with the non-aircon ones it's a completely different bracket and it's all mounted on the block, down low.

---dens

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
deNs WROTE:

"sikK11 WROTE:

"yeah just found this out today to fit extractors it is a pain in the ass. I have used the same mounting point and a bracket off another engine. Worked well i guess. Now have extractors on and will be taking it for a run tomorrow.

Did anyone note any difference in power whan fiting the hurricane extractors."</div>

If people didn't, why would anyone change from the standard exhaust manifold..?

Depending on how the rest of your exhaust is it's likely to run lean up in the top-end but they definitely help out with midrange to top-end.

The other day I was comparing the aircon and non-aircon alternator brackets and they are completely different. There's the plate that holds the aircon compressor in place as well as the bottom pivot point of the alternator, then the top of the alt is held up with another bracket on the head.

From memory with the non-aircon ones it's a completely different bracket and it's all mounted on the block, down low.

---dens

All the people that have looked at them are saying it looks to buig and there wont be enough back pressure and that i will lose power hence why i asked. Wanted to know from people that have them. The rest of the exhaust is 2 inch crush bent fron the cat back

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
got some pics sik?? im bout to put some extractors on... got 4-1 with 2'catback.. gota source a muffler and pipe to join cat to extractors but im pretty keen to hear what the story is!!

also how do you fix it leaning out... im kinda scared mine will do the same and root the engine

you won't lose power ffs, maybe lose a bit of bottom end. **** exhaust shops **** me, kinda like when a clutch shop says lightening your flywheel is bad, i just wana reach over the counter and smack em in the head. fit a flex joint to. i had a 3'' exhaust on my n/a silvia :p, had it dynoed before and after a 2 1/4'', made 4hp more in the topend lol, **** it was loud but

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
Currently i have the standard headers with a 2.5inch exhaust all the way with mandrel bends and hi flow cat and one hi flow muffler.

Its probably the loudest Micra in Australia i would think and it does not lean out and now has no bottom end just big top end.

Stick with 2.25inch and you can't got wrong unless your planning on going turbo.
If your staying na DO NOT go bigger than 2.25,the noise that mine makes if so loud i do not drive past 4000rpm and only light on the throttle which you don't want to do.

Tony WROTE:

"Currently i have the standard headers with a 2.5inch exhaust all the way with mandrel bends and hi flow cat and one hi flow muffler.<BR><BR>Its probably the loudest Micra in Australia i would think and it does not lean out and now has no bottom end just big top end.<BR><BR>Stick with 2.25inch and you can't got wrong unless your planning on going turbo.<BR>If your staying na DO NOT go bigger than 2.25,the noise that mine makes if so loud i do not drive past 4000rpm and only light on the throttle which you don't want to do.

lol, some decent mufflers in there would probably help quiten it down man.. not just the dissguised milo tin on the back!

Back