alternator gone?

hi all. tried to start the micra this morning and the battery was dead. had it for about 2 weeks and this is the first problem ive had. i know i didn't leave any lights on or anything. i managed to get it started with jump leads then drove it 15 miles and left it for a about 9 hours and the same problem again. i haven't had any other problems after getting it started that's why i think its the alternator. how easy is it to change one?

any lights come up on your dash ??
Check your voltage with multimeter = should be above 12v when running preferably around 14v
check wiring
Check belts and alternator mounting
main one to check is voltage
not a hard one to check!!

just been checking the leads. gave the connections to the battery a clean. it seems to be starting now but its only been an hour since i went for a drive in it after jumping it. hopefully its just a loose connection. how much is a new battery anyway?

usually frank yeah, my last battery did a similar thing, just decided one day it'd had enough... :)

I agree though always worth checking everything...before buying new bits. could always see if you can pinch someones battery as a test, to confirm before spending money.

Back