alternater

hi,

do i need to upgrade my alternater to run my amps? most mornigs when i go to the car the battery dead and if she not dead then she almost there.

any ideas?

new battery? it is a bit cold out and this can drain old batterys, also bigger batterys help, i think i had one from a k11 or 12 cant remember , had to change the battery contacts as they were larger which wasnt difficult, and the car ran great with the stock alternator and a sub + eletcric windows

new battery? it is a bit cold out and this can drain old batterys, also bigger batterys help, i think i had one from a k11 or 12 cant remember , had to change the battery contacts as they were larger which wasnt difficult, and the car ran great with the stock alternator and a sub + eletcric windows

i will do ill fit a bigger battery on. thanks dude

make sure you havnt got anything draining the battery before buying a new one. turn everything off and stick a multimeter between the positive battery lead and positive terminal (the meter is in series with the car) and turn it to read amps. Ive forgot the specific amount but I think its something like 0.3amps if you havnt got an alarm. if its more then something is still on.

also, its altenators :p

crap or worn out batteries can go down and discharge themselfs when its cold, nothing is necessarily switched on could just be a duff battery.

as im aware there are 2 altenators fitted to k10's, a 40A one and a 60A one, i have a 40A one on my car at the oment, and it is having no trouble keeping my car going through the cold weather.

Back