alloy wheel problem!!!

wgc_daz

unlucky-racing.com
ive got me some corsa sxi 15" alloys and the back ones dont mount on the drums. there the same firment (4x100) but the wobble and move a little and there not safe....any ideas how to stop this plz

yh thast what there called !! thanks m8 going from my 13" to corsa 15" larger centre things

Wait...do you mean that they dont fit the hub, cos when i tried astra ones they would go on becuase the bore size is too small

Therefore you need to drill out the bore to around 51mm iirc

I had to do this and it works fine

Wait...do you mean that they dont fit the hub, cos when i tried astra ones they would go on becuase the bore size is too small

na they fit on fine and bolt up tight with the standard micra nuts they just move a little and wobble theres play in them and my m8 said soming bout the other thing

chears andy

chears andy got both bore sizes just needd to find some of them things or might make some out of stainless steel XD but apperently the micra has a bigger bore then the corsa?

Thats what im saying as the Vauxhall astra ones didnt fit mine as the bore sizes are too small therefore dont fit the hubs (but will bolt on) :glare:

ok thx..so what do i need to do im so confused i just want these 7 spoke sxi wheels on my bloody car!! stupid drums X(

ok thx..so what do i need to do im so confused i just want these 7 spoke sxi wheels on my bloody car!! stupid drums X(

Its not the drums...its the centre bore of the alloys

I have the tool that can do this as mine were vauxhall as well, its basically a holesaw and an ally template which i got made up at work

You can try a few engineering places and see if they will do it for cheap...but i was looking at £80 for the set and no way was i paying that

You basically need to bore out the centre of the alloy 1 or 2 mm, but it still needs to be balanced, no angle grinder etc lol

I have the tool that can do this as mine were vauxhall as well, its basically a holesaw and an ally template which i got made up at work

You can try a few engineering places and see if they will do it for cheap...but i was looking at £80 for the set and no way was i paying that

You basically need to bore out the centre of the alloy 1 or 2 mm, but it still needs to be balanced, no angle grinder etc lol

kl im an engineer so ill take em to work an take small cuts .2mm t a time of the internal diameter till they fit CNC rotory tables for the win XD

the fronts fit fine though no play at all :S

kl im an engineer so ill take em to work an take small cuts .2mm t a time of the internal diameter till they fit CNC rotory tables for the win XD

the fronts fit fine though no play at all :S

Cool same here lol

My fronts needed doing but not as much as the rears, guess your fitting these to a k11, mine was a k10

are you sure two of your wheels have not got old spigot rings still in them asd this would reduse the internal diamiter of the wheels

Micra K11 spigot rings should be 59.1mm ID. If you're getting the above symptoms then it's possible these wheels have the old spigot rings in two of them and perhaps do not have spigot rings in the others. The ID of a Vauxhall Corsa spigot ring is 56.6mm, so this could offer an explanation of the wheels not all fitting. I would suggest measuring the ID with a vernier and seeing what you have and going from there.

All the best & a merry xmas :)

Micra K11 spigot rings should be 59.1mm ID. If you're getting the above symptoms then it's possible these wheels have the old spigot rings in two of them and perhaps do not have spigot rings in the others. The ID of a Vauxhall Corsa spigot ring is 56.6mm, so this could offer an explanation of the wheels not all fitting. I would suggest measuring the ID with a vernier and seeing what you have and going from there.

All the best & a merry xmas :)

yh i have now lol i gotta get new spigot rings and find somewhere that will bore em out for us XD

chears guys

merry x mas to all

Back