alloy wheel fitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

curtis

Ex. Club Member
I bought my fox racing R2 alloys and they didn't fit....but i got them cheap so i want to keep them.

The rears would need about 12mm spacers on the back which isn't practical due to the fact there is no thread to screw the nuts on! lol

They do not fit due to the centre part of the alloy being to small!

So i could either: somehow make the alloys hole bigger.....or somehow sand/grind down the hub slightly, which i would prefer!

would it be a problem if the bit where the alloys sit on weren't exactly cylindrical?

the fronts only need 5mm spacers so thats ok.....

any ideas would be great.....

thanks in advance

Curtis.

Attachments

• micra rear wheel hub1.JPG
    micra rear wheel hub1.JPG
    14.3 KB · Views: 248
The alloys sit on the hub so don't grind that down, it's important lol. Got to an engineering place and get the centre bore on the wheels ground out to 59.1mm. Cost you about £20.

I went the other way and got a bore too big lol.

its only a slight bit becuase the wheel is rocking...

the spigot rings fit over perfect but not into the centre of the alloy....so i need them bored out to make the spigot rings fit really.

curtis

its best to mod the spigot rings or leave them off
if you,re using the original shamfered nuts they will "self centre" and bore size (ie too big) is irrelevant imo

not sure what you mean? the alloys won't go onto the hub because the hub is too big for the hole in the alloy...

He's saying dump the spigot ring. Without the spigot ring you will get vibrations so it's up to you.

Also make sure you have 60degree taper nuts as the 45 degree ones are for steelies and will eat through the alloys.

no the spigot ring fits snug over the car hub bit.....but the alloy doesn't fit the hub or the alloy...hole in the alloy is slightly to small.....lol

olly: i got a fitting kit included with nuts etc....

ollie

good point about the differant tapers but i beg to differ about the self centering of the nuts (ballance issue)

I suggest you get the alloys bored out to 59.1 then they will fit perfectly. It's cheaper than buying alloys that do fit anyway.

just tryed that and im gonna ring a company called Rotec Engineering Ltd that might do it.......hopefully it won't be too much!

itll probably more that way! women being ripped off n all (not talking about the skirt being ripped off) :p

curtis

just leave the damn things off !
millions of french cars have NO center hole, they dont have ballance problems

leave what off?!?!? the spigot rings?!?!?!

it doesn't matter if i do leave them off......the alloys still won't fit over the hub

What he's saying is even without the spigot rings the wheel is too small. The only reason the rings were mentioned is because they came with the kit and fit the hubs perfectly but not the wheels.

you can fit the alloys without the spiggot rings i have done this before with no problems when you fit the alloy just do opposite bolts 2 at a time to ensure the wheel is on straight and true ;)

also the rings are always a very tight fit, i usually use a rubber mallet to smack the rings into place, but when i fitted my fox alloys on my old k10 (the ones now on arnolds car) i didnt use the rings and they have been on both mine and arnolds k10 with no problems at all im sure arnold can confirm that ;)

a company have quoted £80 for all 4 alloys!!!!

speedle: you thinking the same as frank!

Forget i metioned spigot rings.....the alloy doesn't fit on the wheel hub...

a company have quoted £80 for all 4 alloys!!!!

speedle: you thinking the same as frank!

Forget i metioned spigot rings.....the alloy doesn't fit on the wheel hub...

forgive me mate but when you bought these wheels did the place you get them from not check they would fit the car first? id take them back mate

yes they said they would but they needed 45 profile tyres...gone over the 28days im afriad! and they were a bargin so i dont mind!

2mm is quite I bit, I suggest you sell up and get some cheap ones off ebay. SO many people forget about centre bore, they only check PCD and tyre size. They obviously weren't a good wheel place.

says it all but if they said they would fit and they dont then the 28 days shouldnt apply! they said they would fit and they dont if they dont take them back trading standards will have a field day with them! :p

lol they were really cheap though....and i think all this explains why! lol

even paying the £80 to get them done won't put them over £300 total!

If you paid £50 for them it'd be ok but you didn't, take them back and buy some that fit lol.

i payed £200 for them and there are no alloys in halfords that are within £100 as cheap as that....apart from the ripspeed ones...not having them!!

I don't have the money to get any different ones!

i've already got some from there on it lol....they were off a skoda!

What if i was to get 2 rear hubs from the scrappies and get them machined down slightly?!?

It'd still be cheaper and smarter to machine the alloys lol. Then your car won't be damaged and you can sell the alloys to me when you get a new car lol.

lol....im gonna get a 1.3 k11 engine put in the soon as i hit 21 a 2.0L lols

hummm someone at my work is trying to source a place to get my alloys done! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back