Alloy Problem - Need Help ASAP

L

littlemisspvc

Just got my alloys this afternoon. I was a bit rushed for time so put them in my living room and went out. Just got in from the pub and noticed that the tyres looked different sizes. At first I thought it was the alcohol but it wasnt, they are different.

I specifically ordered a set of 195/45/15, to fit the micra - I also had to pay extra for the priviledge >:-( But I have recieved two 195/45 and two 195/50.

Now, my problem is, is this combination of tyres ok, bad or better than all 195/45's? Should I ring Halfords and go mental at them, or keep what I have got?

Need help asap so I can ring then after work tomorrow to complain if need to.

Thanks

ring halfords and complain!!!!
im guessin u cant really drive on 2 with diff sizes so i would rule that option out of just puttin up with them
even if u could do it so what u payed extra why should u have to put up wit it
if it was me i wud ring up go mental and tell them how inconvenienced you have been and stuff n u mite even get some money knocked off them?

what wheels u got btw? n how expensive? just that i in process of lookin around for new ones

Take them back, they're not what you asked for :) Don't leave till they replace them. Do you have any record of what you asked for? Did you get an invoice saying what they supplied etc?

Unless you fancy a bit of old school hot rod bigger rear tyres!

Take them back! I`m asuming that different size tyres would affect handling and the speedo on the car?

Yea take them back as it could be a bit dangerous. Complian like **** and tell them they're arsehole for ****ing it up. Get some compensation for it to - like a free set of lock nuts or something. grr

Thanks guys, just rang Halfords and the alloy man is out so am ringing them in the morning.

I am really regretting getting them from halfords - I did it coz they were on special. I wanted Fox 3 Evos and they were on sale, for £302. Great I thought so I ordered them. They messed up the finance so that took ages (and several trips to halfords), then they over subscribed as only silver was in the deal and I was told I would have to wait 6 weeks for them - so I argued and paid an extra tenner (instead of £60) to get chrystal ones in four days. I waited and waited and heard nothing, 10 days later I rang them only to find they had been sat in the warehouse all along. Now this! Annoyed. They are not going to know whats hit them tomorrow. I want my wheels and I want them now........

so annoying. tell them you will be keeping the 195/50 tryes aswell as the 195/45 that they need to put on for you..

Hi Littlemiss pvc The Tyre Depth Makes no Dirrerence As Long As The Same Size Is On The Back Or The Front eg. 195/45 On Front 195/50 On The Back. The Bigger Depth Of Tyre On The Back Makes For A Better Softer Ride For Those In The Back Anyway. 195's X 15 Are Fair Hard Tyres On Your Micra As The Engine Has To Run Harder To Turn Them And You Loose Take Of And Top Speed As Well " Not To Mention The Fuel Consumption £££££££ Its Near Better To Have Thiner Tyres On The Front As It Helps With Take And If You Hit A Flood Of Water.

you wana explain ur anger to them and tell them u want some kind of money off or compensation for the hassle!!
but that is a good price... im looking to get some wheels when ig et ma student loan next week:)

Student Loan ah if only it were that easy I have to Work my ass of to Pay for everything LOL :devil:

mentalmicra said:
Student Loan ah if only it were that easy I have to Work my ass of to Pay for everything LOL :devil:

i also work my ass of as i pay over 1000 a year to get the privelage of going to uni.... at uni 9-4 then at work (to be able to afford to pay for my car) 5-9 most days thanks

Back