Aircon Problem

CMF_Radiolite22

» CMF Member
Hi guys,

Recently got some air-conditioning issue on my 96 3dr micra.

There are no air coming out from the aircon vent when switch is on. My mechanic says it's due to overheating of the engine area which causes the fuse to melt. Changed the fuse to 15A and it melted when aircon is turned on. Tried the 30A one..still same situation.

One mechanic then suggested fitting a relay switch box to "control" the voltage to the compressor...My friend who drives a 5dr micra advise against doing so as it may cause a overheating in the electric circuit board... may cause more problem to other electrical parts instead...

Another mechanic say aircon compressor is faulty...needs replacement.

Dunno what to do now... PLS HELP!!!

CMF_mycra

» CMF Member
by no air con..you mean no wind or no cold air. and also you should never replace a fuse high amperage than standard..its set for a season.

have you checked if the ac system is gased? is therss no gas the low pressior switch in the compresser wont turn on as will damage the compresser.

CMF_Radiolite22

» CMF Member
mycra WROTE:

"by no air con..you mean no wind or no cold air. and also you should never replace a fuse high amperage than standard..its set for a season.<BR><BR>have you checked if the ac system is gased? is therss no gas the low pressior switch in the compresser wont turn on as will damage the compresser.

There is no wind.

I do not know about the ac gas as the wind was cold before it malfunctioned... totally no wind coming out from the duct.

When I went to a local scrapyard searching for a used compressor, the staff asked me if I'm looking for the one with green gas or the one without...Mine is a 96 3dr LX micra on a CG13DE engine... which one to get???

CMF_danno88

» CMF Member
green just means it has fluroescent dye in it for leak detection. dont know what the laws are over there by in aus u need to have R134a gas. there should be a label somewhere under the bonnet that tells you what gas your system takes.

CMF_mycra

» CMF Member
1300cc WROTE:

"so how do you fill this dye thing, because my condensor was changed and all the green stuff was spilled...

the dye can only be juiced in when you gas up the system and also if your blower doesnt come on even on full then the whole blower is stuffed.

CMF_Radiolite22

» CMF Member
Problem is the aircon fuse kept burning out. Wind comes in and cold air comes in when I replaced a new fuse, but only for a short while before fuse burn again...

Wat could be the possible problem???

Back