Advice sought on possible cam chain problem

CMF_Nigel007

» CMF Member
Hello - I wonder if I could ask for some advice. I have just purchased a 2000 1.0 SE K11 with 88k miles on the clock and full service history for my daughter. The car runs well however after about 100 miles the engine warning light came on. Had it checked and the fault codes are P0110 - Intake Air Temperature Circuit Malfunction and P0335- (pos) CKP Sensor Circuit malfunction. I am not a mechanic but understand the CKP malfunction relates to the timing chain sensor - looking at other posts on this site and elsewhere indicates this could be a sign that the cam chain has stretched. The garage has suggested I bring the car back and they change the CKP sensor - is there any possibility that the sensor might be faulty or is this wishful thinking on my part? Any advice on the likely cause of the air temp fault also gratefully recieved. Many Thanks. Nigel

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
hi nigel, they changed to a coilpack design in 2000 (no distributor), so if yours is the later coilpack, then the crank sensor fault wont be chain related. (the earlier ditributor type cam sensor is affected by chain stretch tho)
and i dont think there is an air temp sensor as such (the CG engines use a MAF)

frank

Back