Big aircon problem

Hey got a really strange problem. I have a micra sx. Had trouble with my air con and cant find the fuse for it. Theres no slot for it on the fuseboard its empty.

The aircon light is on on the dash but the air is warm air from outside

Heres some pics. (Bit blurry but its my phone sorry)

pic 1
pic 2

Going to look in engine bay see if the fuse has been moved for some strange reason.

Any suggestions much appreciated!

The three spares at the bottom are empty with no pins

fuses for the air con system are in fusebox three which is the white box underneath the passenger headlight not the easiest thing to check though as it`s a bumper and headlight out job i can send a step by step if you want though just let me know

ok just checked the fusebox (long time i know. Ive been a bit busy) The fuse is fine checked them all now. I really dont have a clue what it could be now though. The aircon does engage because you can feel it when your idling and you just press the button but still only warm air comes out! (unless its a cold day)

If you are saying that the compressor runs but there is no cooling, I would suspect that there is insufficient gas in the system. There must be something in there, or the low pressure safety switch would stop it running. Are you sure that whoever re-gassed the system knew what they were doing? In most garages even the trained staff do not have a clue. They may even have let air into the system.

I suggest you buy a test and top up kit from Halfords (or e-bay) and check the pressure yourself. Leave the high pressure side alone and wear goggles while you connect the pressure gauge to the suction side.

Back