airbag warning light

i’m not too sure what’s going on but my airbag light randomly started flashing. i do feel like i’ve been fidgeting around quite a bit so maybe i’ve done something to the wires? i’ve tried the thing where u turn it on and off and wait 5 seconds to get into diagnostic mode etc…and then the airbag light goes off for a few days then comes back? so i’m not sure if it’s wiring or if it’s the actual system. is there any switches that i can turn on and off? and also the cables under the seats, i’m not sure how to disconnect and reconnect them. can anyone help? sorry i’m a bit clueless, this is my first car😆😆

Disconnect battery first then with an appropriate scan tool check voltage.
Always take care and be aware the device is an active air bag regardless..
(Saftey is important.)

Alt :- Try these if you are confident enough if not ask a profession to check as airbag is (safety device)
1 Check fuse
2 Check contacts (connectors)
3 Check voltage for drops?

If the bag is duff you may need to replace.
Lower voltage can mean bad wire or can also mean poor connections.
This Problem may be solved by cleaning the contacs with contact cleaner spray or similar..

What airbag the steering wheel or the passenger you can find out with a scan tool that is capable of testing airbags.
And the alt being voltage checks.

(I found that a common fault with airbag connectors. They sometimes get a tiny bit of corrosion on them this leads to the airbag light illuminating.)

Last edited:
Back