Air Con Failure

Hi, I've been lurking for a while but have had no problems with my K11 twister before.

I only paid £1 for it a couple of years ago, and apart from a slight hiccup (head gasket!) it's been perfect.

Today I noticed that the AC is not working. The light come on but there is no cooling and no sound of a clutch activating. it was fine a couple of days ago. As far as i am aware it has never been re-filled (8 years old now) so it could just be a lack of refrigerant.

Any clues or regular faults?

1998 Twister with history and only 50'000 on the clock. He didn't even want the £1, but I insisted and he spent it on a bag of chips. (mind you, he had just bought a new cooper s!!)

Check the coolent level first, and check your fuses too - just incase it's something as simple as that.

i might have a spare air con compressor around somewhere. it definatly works but they are worth a lot of money i should warn you that now... lol

Sorry can you elaborate on how on earth you got a micra for a quid? So it wasnt a write off or a cat d etc? I am baffled as to why the previous owner didnt flog it to a breakers or summit.

Sorry can you elaborate on how on earth you got a micra for a quid? So it wasnt a write off or a cat d etc? I am baffled as to why the previous owner didnt flog it to a breakers or summit.

A good friend came into some cash and bought 2 new cars, a Cooper S and a Skoda Superb. Neither dealer wanted the micra as a Part ex, although they were keen on the saxo he traded in at the same time. He couldn't be bothered to sell the car and was going to "dump" it.

He initially gave me the car, but i felt that that wasn't really on. He wouldnt take more that £1.

Its totally stock, a 98 1.0 Twister 3 door in that bright metallic blue that seems to keep a shine quite well. No real damage apart from a ouple of minor dents and a missing wheel trim!

Back