Air con

Hi all, has anyone removed the air con condenser if so is it a difficult job. Could anyone post how to do it been quoted £300 to do it which seem expensive. Can get a condenser for £51 of ebay.
Thank you

not sure of model you have but down load the workshop manual and have a read up, better to try your self than putting that money in the hands of expensive garage labour costs, when i first got my car garage quoted me £98 for a simple oil change for £18 worth of materials i.e oil and filter! so read up and if you feel brave enough try it.:unsure:

not sure of model you have but down load the workshop manual and have a read up, better to try your self than putting that money in the hands of expensive garage labour costs, when i first got my car garage quoted me £98 for a simple oil change for £18 worth of materials i.e oil and filter! so read up and if you feel brave enough try it.:unsure:

Quote; “my car garage quoted me £98 for a simple oil change for £18 worth of materials i.e oil and filter”!

Was that one of the UK wads wide free fit groups that make running old bangers uneconomic unless your hands on DIY handy & like getting deep down and dirty? :rolleyes:

Yes, only visits to garage now is MOT, Tyres and digital tracking full stop. these guys charge top dollar for labour and give you trainees at best who make a bodge up, I got car with new rear bearings fitted, but when i decided to replace all brakes and drums, was horrified that bearings had been pressed in using inner race of bearing which had destroyed the grease seals and with the centrifugal force of the wheels spinning had sprayed the grease onto the shoes and inner drum, poor sod previous had paid a fortune to garage to have this crap done!?

Back