afr gauge

rlees85

Ex. Club Member
as im using bosch gaytronic i think one of these could be useful for me, they any good?

also can they wire straight upto the k11 o2 sensor?

if anyone has one for sale pm me with a price, cheers.

they wire into the loom before the ecu..well my hks one did i got off chie

as for how well it worked.......the engine no longer runs :D

rlees85 said:
lol so my pm to chie was a waste of time if u had it, how the hell it kill the engine?

it probly wasnt that at all.it could have been anything

zephyer has it now :)

sorry .i missread your post

i fitted an afr meter to change the ratio..not a gauge to see how its running

ive got an afr gauge. it wires into your lambda sensor. it tells you its running rich when on even slight throttle and lean when on idle. kinda pointless after you get used to it being there

59 bhp is more than enough said:
ive got an afr gauge. it wires into your lambda sensor. it tells you its running rich when on even slight throttle and lean when on idle. kinda pointless after you get used to it being there

in other words, even for getting a rough idea if my car is/will be running too lean/rich, afr gauges are bit of a waste of time

No not quite,
On a standard car with standard map and standard ecu they dont offer much. On a tuned high power car they are vital. Infact more important than say an RPM or boost gauge. I could not do my job without one, for tuning there is simply no other way.

There are however two types, narrow band and wide band. Im refering to the wide band ones. Anything that connects to the sensor on your car will be narrow band and will not be of much use.

Back