advice re wiring after market central locking...Pleeeaze!!

Hi all.....I have just spent 12 hours fitting one of those after market central locking kits that are available on Ebay for £20 odd. It works an absolute treat but took forever to completely install. (Micra 5 door equation 1.0L)

My question....There are two spare wires that emerge from the little central locking control unit and these are for fitting to the earth wire of the horn (if you wish for the horn to toot when you operate the central locking remote) and the other can be connected to the earth wire of the light (either headlights or sidelights) if you want the lights to flash when the central locking operates.

Can some one advise me as to where I can connect the flashing light wire within the passenger compartment (under the dash, preferably as I don't want to trail a wire all the way back from the rear of a headlight unit.

Essentially, I am asking if someone can identify where and what colour the earth return for the lights is or any other sneaky way to get the lights to flash (back of instrument panel or similar?) when the central locking operates.

Any clever electricians out there?

Thanks in advance etc.

Tom

No but i tested it by removing the switch and putting a 12v supply wire into the connections to make the lights flash. Thing is its left and right not both together so you have to do 2 wires

Update...I tried all of the suitable connections at the back of the hazard switch and could not get it to work at all. I contacted the supplier to discover that on my particular central locking kit there is no facility to make the lights flash!!....Pah!!........looooooooool

So, thanks again to anyone who read the post and to Stani1029 for posting the reply.

I would definitely recommend these little central locking kits to anyone thing of fitting central locking but be prepared it took us an absolute age to decide where to fit the actuators, then to pass the wiring through the door grommets, remove the seats/carpets etc but the end result is a smashing little inexpensive central locking system. The actuators sound really strong and positive and the remote works from a really good distance

Thanks again
Tom

on the central locking i fitted to ours there is a brown and a white wire and these are to be fitted to your alarm system so when you set your alarm your doors lock as well or as i done i fitted two momentary switches from maplins connected brown wire to one switch and the white wire to the second switch the other side of both switches went to earth,so when you press one of the buttons you earth the wire and lock or unlock the doors,the micra is kaths car and when she passes her test it will make her feel more secure knowing she can lock the doors with a push of a button.

Hiya, I was just wondering what central lockIng system it was as I was thinking about upgrading after seeing this post.
Thanks

Back