Central locking wiring

DWdE19

I'm having a problem with my wiring loom (Micra engine going into a Mini and I'm using the Micra loom). My engine and loom are from a Mystique so have all the toys, most of which I don't need!

I do want to keep the central locking but I am struggling trying to work out the wiring to the two modules in the photo. The smaller one looks like a "keyless entry" unit so I presume the signal from the key is sent there to unlock the doors and then the second (larger) module?
The wiring to the large connector on the large module stacks up with the Heynes manual diagram. All the heavy wires to the lock motors are there. However, I can find no reference to the keyless module or the wiring to the smaller connector. for example - I have a light green and a brown wire going to the ignition switch. Wires going to interior lights.
It looks like the larger unit is possibly Central locking and also interior light module? I'm worried there is a NATS connection in here somewhere!

Anyone have any info or a wiring diagram for this setup?

DWdE19

I'm having a problem with my wiring loom (Micra engine going into a Mini and I'm using the Micra loom). My engine and loom are from a Mystique so have all the toys, most of which I don't need!

I do want to keep the central locking but I am struggling trying to work out the wiring to the two modules in the photo. The smaller one looks like a "keyless entry" unit so I presume the signal from the key is sent there to unlock the doors and then the second (larger) module?
The wiring to the large connector on the large module stacks up with the Heynes manual diagram. All the heavy wires to the lock motors are there. However, I can find no reference to the keyless module or the wiring to the smaller connector. for example - I have a light green and a brown wire going to the ignition switch. Wires going to interior lights.
It looks like the larger unit is possibly Central locking and also interior light module? I'm worried there is a NATS connection in here somewhere!

Anyone have any info or a wiring diagram for this setup?

My parts car has remote central locking, if you send me a picture of where these modules are in the car I'll try and get you pictures of any extra wiring involved with remote CL. I've noticed that the Haynes does leave out some of the wiring for the higher spec options too, electric mirrors etc.

I know that the interior light is wired into standard central locking, so if that is coming off that big module it does indeed make sense that the small one is remote.

"It just looks like a scrotum" - Jeremy Clarkson on the K12

My parts car has remote central locking, if you send me a picture of where these modules are in the car I'll try and get you pictures of any extra wiring involved with remote CL. I've noticed that the Haynes does leave out some of the wiring for the higher spec options too, electric mirrors etc.

I know that the interior light is wired into standard central locking, so if that is coming off that big module it does indeed make sense that the small one is remote.

Cheers but the harness and units are all off the Micra and loosely fitted to the mini.
I found some pdf files for Workshop manuals that have comprehensive wiring diagrams. Much better than the Heynes manual.

Cheers but the harness and units are all off the Micra and loosely fitted to the mini.
I found some pdf files for Workshop manuals that have comprehensive wiring diagrams. Much better than the Heynes manual.
Ah right OK, sorry I can't be more of a help then. I can have a look at what's visible from under the dash anyway at the weekend

Back