Advice on servicing please :)

Ni Guys,

Newbie here! I just got a Nissan Micra 1998 1.0 GX auto for my brother in law and wanted to ask how best to service it for him. The cars done 60k and he's worried about some of the scary stories he has found on the web regarding the N-CVT gearbox hence wanted to know in particular if there is anything he can do to ensure that it remains ok i.e and particular N-CVT service etc. although the gear oil on the dipsticks look pink and new. Therefore should he do a basic oil and spark service and leave the rest well alone? Advice on this is much needed as well as gerneral opion on the K11 automatics. Furthermore when foot off the accelerator i.e slowing down a faint whistle type noise can be heard from somewhare like in those cartoons when a bomb is being dropped, but goes when driving normall, strange?!

Cheers!

i just scrapped my k11 1996 for rust so make sure u look underneath your car especially at the sills and jacking points :p lol, mine was manual though dont know much when it comes to automatics has it got any papers that came with the car about servicing or mot or anything?

best thing is yer do the basics of an engine oil change sparks change check ur brake fluid and brake lines, as for the squeak im not sure with automatics i havent a clue how an automatic engine works might be better to buy the haynes servicing manual :) only costs about 14 quid and its well worth it :p

Cheers for the input, will change the usual service items, would be interesting to know if I should stick with semi of fully synth for the oil? In regards to the auto recommendations I guess I have to wait for the auto experts on here to spot this post to provide advice, cheers!

regards to your engine oil make sure you get the right one for your car and i always went for part synthetic only because i think its best of both worlds XD but yer im sure someone on here who owns an automatic will be able to help you out abit further good luck though :p (i really don't stress enough on the point about rust XD especially if it isn't moving :p)

Back