Advice on K12 not starting

Hello,

My Nan and Grandad have a k12 micra, 2006 1.4 auto if I remember correctly.

My dad disconnected the battery and took it off to charge it today and then reconnected it. Apparently it didn't start when he put it back on. He entered the radio code but the NATS warning light is still shown on the dash. Apparently you can hear the fuel pump prime so I assume the NATS has cut the spark. Is this a DIY fix or is the car going to need to go back to Nissan?

Seems bloody stupid as all that was done was a battery charge.

We have tried various things off the net but I’m stumped now.
Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Joe

hi joe, there,s probably some way to re-program it yourself (i vaguely recall a procedure being posted up on the ilexa forum) :)

Hi frank just having a look on there now. I have owned an S14a/ Almera GTI / SR160 and never seen anything so silly happen from charging a battery - mind you they were jap and this is basically French!! I had something similar on my girlfriends Saxo VTR which was the immobiliser ring but I am going to assume that these Micras don't have these.

Any other help / comments would be great (Y)

did you use the same key some time when the battery is diconnect the nats system will drop the code and yes they do have a immiboliser ring and why do people keep saying they are french they are not i work on them all day and they stamped nissan not renault the only cars which share same components are quashai and the vans from what i rmember aint been to work for two weeks

Back