Advantages-Disadvantages..

S

Steve Johnson

Hi im new on here, live in sunny scunny blah blah blah.

Whats the advantages of a 1300 over a 1000?

I read that you can out 1300 cams in and the manifold off it and its quick?

I am in the process of trying to find a K11, but ideally, like everyone id like a Super S...

But if a 1000 is quick enough, ill go down that route.

Thanks for the advice, in advance!

Great forum by the way, and some top notch cars!

Steve

yeah there is definitatly a much better ride from a 1.3 compared to a 1.0l. I find the 1.0l is flat, torqueless and underpowered, while a 1.3 has much better pull to it. If you put a multibranch manifold on a 1.3 it becomes very nippy and cams would start getting it into the catagory of fast.

It certainly looks that way!

Just need to try and find a Super S, as i dont fancy a GX or the like, unless someone can prove me wrong!

Steve

well ive had a 1.3 LX Super s and my current GX.. I would say i did prefer the looks of the super s i had, but the drive of my GX is far superior :). Looks ok too, i had some mods planned but im going to be selling for a new car. I say as long as its a good car, any 1.3 is worth it :)

You say the drive is far superior on a GX, for performance or comfort?

By the way from what year did they have PAS?

Steve

its just smoother, probably because its newer and less miles.

I think PAS was an option from when they were produced.

you could also look at the SR which came in at around '94/'95ish, it is basicly the "slightly" facelifted super s. then after the SR came the Si in 1998, but looks fairly standard compared to the SR/super s. power steering was available from '93> as an optional extra only, don't think it was standard on these.
ideally try and find an SR/super s with ABS as these cars had rear disc brakes.
just check rear sills and front crossmember for rust, as this can be a big issue on micras

I have a 1L, i find it to be very underpowered, even in normal use the car struggles alot when overtaking, you need a huge gap, inorder not to get caught up in oncoming traffic.

I'm hoping to get a couple engine mods in the near future to fix the problem.

Thanks people, looks like a 1300 is what im on the lookout for then!

What sort of price should i be paying, for say an early shape one, a GX, or Super S if i find one?

Saying that there is one on ebay at 559 quid, but has 155k on it, is that too much for the engine?

What are standard shockers like if there used with a set of lowering spings?

Thanks in advance..

Steve

the Gx is 1998 where as the super S was back in 1993 you'd be better of finding an SR but really it's not too hard to convert any micra k11 into a super s...

that's what i'm doing to my Gx. oh and my stok 1.3 Gx did 120mph !!! must have been a hill or something but it still did it :)

steve, in my mind the car on ebay has done far to much mileage!

that is quite alot for any car though?

um ive been looking at 1.3 aswel and ul find there mostly cheaper than the 1.0L :) which is good, but most have done near 90000 which is ok for the price.

the super s u will pay more for!

Napster

Hmm... i think i might get a 1.3 LX or whatever spec the early ones were.

Super S' seem like hens teeth to find round my area...

Im wanting to spend about 600quid or cheaper to buy a base car, and go for some proper jap styling, low, and wide wheels with low profile tyres etc etc.

How hard is it to get parts across from Japan?

Steve

Its not that hard to get parts from japan it just costs alot of money to get them over here!Try and get an SR but if you only want to spend £600 then i think you will be looking at a 1 litre!

Yeah thats what i thought....

Coilovers it is i think!

Spose i had better find the car though firstly!

Steve

There is a few 1300 lx's on autotrader for under 600 quid!

Im not too fussed about a Super S now to be honest....

Ill stretch to 700 if need be but i dont think i will have to..

Steve

i'm selling my modded SR 1.3 with cams (not fitted tho) its quick now and would be fast with the cams fitted and a remap. :)

click the link in my sig if your interested.

Very nice car mate....one thing....i dont have 2k to spend on one, well not all at once i dont have it anyway, but thanks for the offer!

Steve

Hope you sell it thought as it is tidy as hell!

The SR is another elusive find in my neck of the woods!

Steve

I've Had A 1000cc A 1300cc And Now A 1400cc. The 1000cc Was Ok On The Flat Or Downhill But Not Too Good Uphill Or With Passengers. Both The 1300cc And The 1400cc Are Much Better With No Real Noticable Differance Between The Two.

Back