CG13DE Auto Engine Block Advice Needed.

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to pick up a low mileage CG13DE auto engine next week for my turbo build. From searching this forum it appears that I will need to change the clutch and flywheel setup to the 1.0 version, if this is true are there any disadvantages to using the auto block in terms of reduced clutch strength etc?

Secondly, how great are the advantages of using the auto block compared to the manual block, it's supposedly stronger, but is anyone able to say from experience how much stronger they are under a forced induction setup (is the swap worh it)?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Yet I still try to run the auto closes deck for boost. Having closed deck engines are usually stronger... But to be honest no one pub
Shed the engine hard enough to destroy cylinders... The pistons suffer long before that

Thanks guys, I was looking for an engine to build up out of the car and the only reason I'm going for an auto block was that's it's close to me, low mileage and a good price.

Has anyone tried using 773 cams on a turbo project? Is it worth it or even possible?

the cams will work ok, but you might need to dial them in tho
too much overlap at TDC can blow exhaust gasses back up the inlet (when the exh mani pressure is higher than the boost pressure)

Back