Adjusting idle--Bosch T/B

Anyone know how you adjust the idle on a post 2000 1.0 micra?
Searching here I couldn't find any info on how to adjust it on the ones fitted with the Bosch throttle body.
Help appreciated.

if you are looking at your engine bay from the front there is an alan key adjuster on the back left corner (facing drivers) of the throttle body.

if you are looking at your engine bay from the front there is an alan key adjuster on the back left corner (facing drivers) of the throttle body.

There is on the pre-2000 models (the ones on which you can re-solder the dry joints), but not on the Bosch throttle body. I've looked all over the thing for half an hour and the only adjustment screw I can see is the one at the back of the t/b that moves the quadrant (the thing the throttle cable attaches to.

Thanks for your quick reply though.

why do you need to adjust? You should first check if everything is functioning fine and then move onto adjustment as you would just be masking the problem.

Is it too low or too high?

Had the car 2 weeks. Engine sometimes stalls when coasting to a halt. Changed plugs, oil and all filters, and cleaned the idle control valve. It made no difference.
Replaced the MAF sensor, and theres a small improvement.
However, its still idling a little low, even hunting.
Thats why I want to nip it up a bit.

But how to do it is the big Q.

a last resort could be to adjsut tighten up the slack on the throttle cable.

Idle should ideally be around 750-900 i think. My car could idle at 650 just fine.

if there are no adjustments on the bosch t/b,s, then the idle is probably set via consult, i would check for any faultcodes first :)

Jabran, adjusting idle by removing slack from the throttle cable is a big no-no in my book.

Frank, couple of questions mate......
* What do you mean by "set via consult"? Is that where a device is plugged into the ECU to up the idle electronically? If so, what device?

* What device do you recommend in order to retrieve any fault codes?

* Where abouts on the car does the fault code reader plug in? (2001 1.0 S)

* Do fault codes automatically clear if you replace the faulty part? If not, how can I clear them to get a fresh set of codes, if any?

Thanks for your input. Its much appreciated.

Thanks for the info.
Would still ideally like a definitive answer as regards idle adjustment, if anyone knows.
C'mon...someone must know!!! Cheers.

Back