accident

lauras_micra

Ex. Club Member
well i had my third accident in 2 years last nite i was driving behind my mate and someone walked in front of her and she braked and i braked and hit her not to damaged

well, gives you an excuse to get a k11 :p

seriously, hope everyone is ok, including all micras involved ;)

i know this car is bad luck

not to be a willy, and im glad you are all ok...

but drive a little safer in future keep your distance, its not good to crash so often... even if you feel pedestrian is at fault, remember you should be in control of your car at least...

read other thread about Stupid Pedestrians...

glad you OK...

Unlucky, it's not easy to remember simple things like keeping your distance if you're following a friend and concentrating on that. I do remember now as my friend very much values his car and shouted at me for following so closely ^_^ (I wasn't really that close). Actually thinking time distance is more important than breaking distance, the brakeing distance of the cars is likely to be identical, the time it takes to think "oh my I better use my brakes", is the distance you haveto leave (quite alot really) :p, since most modern cars have ABS or traction controll brakes are very very unlikely to lock :p. When the road conditions or tire conditions are comprimised (and the mue of the road decreases) then I guess brakeing distance increases.
Anyway enough of that tot, hope the car isn't too damaged and you don't haveto pay too much exess.

ABS FAULTY- I took my car to the local dealership they said my abs was faulty was actually bot 2 cars lengths behind her but u dnt expect someone to stop out of the blue when u are doing 40mph and i didnt see the person stood in the road

Stopping distance at 40 should be 9 car lengths according to the highway code, although I know that's a bit out of date now really. o_O Just glad cars and people weren't hurt.

Two second rule regardless of speed. Double it for wet conditions.

Ductsoup, Following a friend is no excuse for driving too close!

Ok then, i meant it shouldnt be a reason to forget everything else like distances and being observant when following a mate.

Glad your ok though laura

True, I hadn't been driving long though and I was trying to watch infront of him and wasn't concentrating on the distance between us. But that was kinda my point, sometimes you don't remember simple things :p.

Faulty ABS? Bloody hell that's ... odd.

People will look at threads like this in different ways. Others will point out the obvious, because lets face it, its obvious you shouldnt drive close. Others will be sympathetic, others want pics of the damage etc. People look at things and comment in different ways.

If laura was that embarrased knowing she was at fault, she could have not posted this thread in the first place but im sure she expected to read comments like that. If she's cool with it, you should be too!

Two second rule regardless of speed. Double it for wet conditions.

Ductsoup, Following a friend is no excuse for driving too close!

indeed 10 times for snow but if you put crappy tires on you should leave even more expensive tyres have saved me from big accidents many times, i can acropper once on budget tyres never agaiN!

Off topic posts removed, there was no need for all that.

Shame to hear about the crash Laura, the main thing is everyone's okay :)

James.

All i need on my car is a new bonnet and my mate need a new back bumper !!i didnt hit her very hard anyway so not much damaged at all im not embrassed cos at the end of the day it was a pure accident!!!

Sorry to hear the bad news laura.

I had a new bonnet a few months back, they cost about £130 new from nissan, but you might find one ebay. After I bought mine, one come up on ebay :down: glad to hear that your ok.

Back