AA warranty

Hi,

I own a 03 micra which has done 46k and I am really nervoud about tje warning light. My car stoped on a round about a week ago and the malfunction light lit up. I called the RAC but after 20 mins of waiting I decided to have another go and it worked. The light stayed on but I managed to my garage. He did a check and all seemed fine, we then started the car again and the warning light vanished. I am scared the same thing will happen but this timr I might get hit with Sensor and Timing belt costs. Rather than buying a new car do you think I should get AA warranty which will cover the car?

Don't waste your money on warranty. All these companies are preying on peoples' current financial fears to make sure they get your slice of their pie. Particularly on an 03 car, they'll fob you off that anything that goes wrong is normal wear and tear.

Didn't the mechanic plug in a diagnostic computer? If he did, then he must have seen at least what error was being reported. Next time the light comes on make sure to get that done.

Warning Light Codes

Hi,

I have the codes,

Total Codes 004

Code 001:
P0340 CMP SEN/CIRCUIT
-B1
Code 002:
P0011 INT/V TIM CONT-
-B1
Code 003:
P1611 NATS
MALFUNCTION
Code 004:
U1001 CAN COMM
CIRCUIT

I hope this helps. The malfunction light has now gone but I am dreading it coming back and I simply can't afford a new car nor can I afford a bill of £1000 that could potentially be coming my way. Any advice would be a massive help.

Thank you again.

best advice sell it and buy a k11 lol

That is not a bad idea! But no thank you! I need some real help please! Will Warranty Direct not cover it they said they would but what excuse would they come out with if the light were to come back on again? Can I get anything in writing from them before I take out a policy from them so I feel secure?

I spent 8 years in insurance. Warranty is much the same business. They'll do anything they can to not pay you a penny, and if they pay it'll be the bare minimum they can get away with.

Find a policy before you buy, and you'll see the list of things they don't cover. I imagine a warranty will not cover much on an older car.

I spent 8 years in insurance. Warranty is much the same business. They'll do anything they can to not pay you a penny, and if they pay it'll be the bare minimum they can get away with.

Find a policy before you buy, and you'll see the list of things they don't cover. I imagine a warranty will not cover much on an older car.

I can only get 1.2k for my micra from the dealers If I add another 1k for instance which micra would you recommend I purchase or do they all have similar faults? I can't afford the new shape Yaris or Corsa.

Well so far I've had zero trouble with my K12... 1.4SE, it drives smooth, its not so slow, and everything works. Cost me £2k at a dealer earlier this year. Cheap insurance too, and cheaper tax than some.

However, everyone on here seems to prefer the K11, which has no Renault in it which is surely a positive, but of course the newest one you'll get is about 8 years old - same as my K12 in fact.

Back