warranty

We all love our Micras, that's why we are on this website, but would we buy another one? There are many good small cars out there, the Hyundai i10 (which I have driven and really like), Kia Picanto, Toyota Yaris, Corsa etc and they all have one thing in common, long warranties. Although not thinking of changing my car at this time, I have noticed a fair number of 2010 K12 Micras for sale. The prices are pretty good but they only have one year of warranty left. A Hyundai would have three, a Kia five and the prices are much the same. Much as I would rather have a Micra, economics would tend to sway me towards the Korean duo. I think Nissan have missed a trick by not giving their cars, and their owners, the long term security a long warranty gives and will tend to make potential purchasers look elsewhere. Anyone else think the same?

To be honest, I think a lot of us on here aren't overly bothered by warranties. By the time it expires, the car's not worth a huge amount and we're quite happy mending our own cars. 'Course, if the engine explodes when it's in warranty, you'd be bloomin' glad you had it :D.

Just to add, not wanting to be poltical but go on Google or YouTube and search 'Korea burying pigs' and tell me if you'll ever buy LG, Samsung, Kia, Hyundai etc ever again, I know I won't :(.

Just to add (again), given that alot of modern Nissans are half Renault, it's surprising you get more than a 10 minute warranty :D.

Back