A Species of Dolphin is now Extinct

Micra 110

Site Supporter
The Yangtze river dolphin is today declared extinct. It is the first large animal to be wiped from the planet for 50 years, and only the fourth entire mammal family to disappear in 500 years. And it was driven to its death by mankind...

http://www.independent.co.uk/enviro...that-could-not-live-alongside-man-460667.html

With a third of the worlds Fish stocks depleated i wonder how long other mammals can survive the onslaught of the Human race?
I know that isn't the first thing on the Planet to become Extinct but we don't seem to mind this sort of thing happening.
We live for the now and the future is totally forgotton.

How long can this go on for?

It'll be a very sad day for whoever is left on Earth to say goodbye to the last moving thing in the Sea. What with all the Chemicals, Rubbish, Air pollution and the Human race just taking the P*** out of the only known Habitable Planet in the Universe i don't think it will take that much time.

The Planets going to pot and there's no way back....or is there? fwn

Any thoughts?

Once we eat all the animals and drive them all extinct we'll being eating eachother. Muauahahaha.

Kidding, yah some people obviously class their existence to be much more significant than others, simpy because we're Human. It's horrible to accept, but in the end Human's are selfish.

nah the cloverfield monster will destroy us all before then!! :p

But all this wont happen until im dead so, good luck kids! (sorry if that seems selfish, but thats my opinion)

It's not just humankind that's selfish though, i'm fairly certain that any animal would be doing the same thing if they were in our shoes.

It'll be a very sad day for whoever is left on Earth to say goodbye to the last moving thing in the Sea. What with all the Chemicals, Rubbish, Air pollution and the Human race just taking the P*** out of the only known Habitable Planet in the Universe i don't think it will take that much time.

The Planets going to pot and there's no way back....or is there? fwn

Any thoughts?

I think the things in the sea ultimately will out live mankind! Remember theres fathoms and fathoms down that we have barely even seen, yet alone live in or destroy, teeming with all kinds of alien life adapted to living without the sun.

Those little critters will be ok! Including species like the megamouth shark I think its called, and deeper still.

This world is stuffed! There's enough people out there who want to do good and save it, but unfortunately those with power and ability to get the ball rolling are not doing enough.

People are taking the worlds resources without putting them back. Ice caps, Amazon rainforest etc, all disappearing, as a result of human action.

Lets just bomb China, theres so many people there it would take away a clean chunk of humanity.

yea like thats gonna help :blush: without china's economic push the world's economy would collapse then people will be in debt, zoo will be in debt, then animals there will die of starvation, more animals will become extincts...:blush: ...cant you see the bigger picture?! :love: :laugh:

I think the government are finally realising we need to do something. I just hope they stick to it. This may sound sad to a lot of you, but i do sometimes wish i was out there catching my own food etc, not having to rely on a job to live.

yea like thats gonna help :blush: without china's economic push the world's economy would collapse then people will be in debt, zoo will be in debt, then animals there will die of starvation, more animals will become extincts...:blush: ...cant you see the bigger picture?! :love: :laugh:

Of course! The zoos, I always forget about the zoos!

Consumerism is the picture that i see and nothing but....is that the price of progress...China seems to think so.

Chinese manufacturing Motto:'You want we make' (our products may be #### but you still buy ha ha ha)

I doubt very much the world economy would collapse as there's plenty of other things to be getting on with which isn't making the latest piece of Hi-tech plastic with tiny Buttons and screens that should come with a pair of Glasses to save squinting....

The gov't of this country are 2 faced liers...on one hand they say this country will be at the top of the list regarding Emissions and then on the other they say it's ok to build an extra Runway at Heathrow/Gatwick....

the goverment are poo thay go on about recycle to help reduce consumption on the worlds natueral stocks but i started a new job which is a refuse collecter not much but ok money lol and to my surprise when we went to empty the lorry at a local landfill site i see recycling lorrys there just tipping cardboard plastics glass and clothes straight in to the ground so what the hell is our goverment playing at and why is are council charging for a false service how can we save our planet when the almighty powers of the country do nothing to help apart from put ink on paper and make it look good as it seems aslong as the figures look good and the recycleable stuff is out of sight we all think we are helping but we just use more resources metal for the trucks to collect and diesel to fuel them paper work which cost trees any i will stop now as u prob see where this is going

Stirring it up here.

Why should I care about what's going to happen in 200 years?

What matters to me, is my lifetime, and maybe the next generation. After that, there's nothing we can do. So live for today and forget tomorrw for now.

We might run out of Dolphins, which is sad, but there are worse things going on on this planet, like Hillary Clinton :upside:

Now.. do we know that this statement is true?

..HOW do WE know they haven't found somthing.. or Somebody??

Because we're too far away from everything, if you want to get anywhere in the Universe then you will have to do it at the speed of light. Anyway WHO would want to come to this Planet? something of higher intelligence would'nt even stop for a coffee...

Because we're too far away from everything, if you want to get anywhere in the Universe then you will have to do it at the speed of light. Anyway WHO would want to come to this Planet? something of higher intelligence would'nt even stop for a coffee...

Ah the irony..

Perhaps You're right about them not wanting a coffee?

But the gargantuan masses of Oxygen, Water, raw minerals..

off topic?

Consumerism is the picture that i see and nothing but....is that the price of progress...China seems to think so.

Chinese manufacturing Motto:'You want we make' (our products may be #### but you still buy ha ha ha)

I doubt very much the world economy would collapse as there's plenty of other things to be getting on with which isn't making the latest piece of Hi-tech plastic with tiny Buttons and screens that should come with a pair of Glasses to save squinting....

it wont collapse...yet, china's position in the worlds economy cannot be questioned.
the economy of China is the second largest in the world after the US with a GDP of $10.21 trillion and with an average growth rate of 10% annually, i think there is good evidence to see how powerful this country is or become. like all major economists say, in 10 years time China and India will become superpowers overtaking the US.
your claimed moto of china is partly correct, you are forgetting they produce high quality products for foreign companies to sell to foreign people as well! ie you might be wearing a nice pair of nike or adidas trainers, where were they made? most prob be in korea or china. or perhaps your nice LCD PC monitor? prob from china as well. :down:

a bit off topic...sorry gaffer :blush:

its not the world that needs saving... after all. its been through much worse disasters than us.

volcano's, gigantic meteors, ice ages, etc etc
the world allways recovers as thats what it does.

all that will happen is that the world will plunge into an ice age, the snow will reflect light. lower the temperature, bring stability back and gradualy heat up again.

but its the human race that will cease to exist in about 1500 years time. there will be so much carbon in the air we wont be able to breathe.

i mean, the dinosours were wiped out. that wasnt us. and did it effect us?

com'on its just not worth all this hastle. i mean, im gonna be dead and burried long before we see any real effects...

Dinosaurs were killed by an advanced race of jelly baby people. There are no remains of them as they were eaten by squirrels and other rodents although some say their descendants still inhabit the earth, hiding and waiting for the right moment to strike....

1500 yrs ? :down: get real !
the sh## is going to hit the fan well before that, the price of wheat has doubled in a year, so the third world starves to death while the yanks burn biofuel in their gas guzzlers ? :devil:
i doubt it !

Well conservative estimates of remaining fossil fuel reserves is set at around 80 years, when they run out there will be chaos resulting in anarchy if there are no measures in place to replace the need for fossil fuels in the future, there are other means of power that make very little or no pollution such as solar, which although in this country isnt really viable, is in most third world countries due to their constant sunshine, in this country there is the possibilities of hydro electric, wind or wave generated power, but the do gooder, keep my countryside bleak campainers keep blocking this with campains and lobbys in parliament.

Back