worried about my fuel consumption

Simonh

Midlands Rep
i know low fuel consumption is common in micras but im starting to worry about mine. my fuel light was on this morning. recently come on so i put £8 in. took me to just over the first line. ive driven 16-20 miles today and it is now just over the start of the red. thats liek a whole bar in 20 miles? is it just me or is that really low?

Well to be honest it's a bit hard to tell over such a small change. As an example my last tank took me 407miles before the reserve light came on.

best thing to do is if you can afford it, fill up the tank and reset the trip, then when the tanks like half full fill it up, then take the distance traveled and divide it by the ammout of fuel you put in and that will give you/us a better indication of how economical it is.

what other mods does it have? what size wheels? what type of driving do you do? town city motorway etc. how heavy is your right foot?

15 inch wheels with low profile tyres. so same size as my 14s with big tyres. mainly town driving. some on the a34 which ahs a 60 limit. right foot is a bit heavy but im trying to stop.

Back