Door Sills

Hi to all, this is my first post. I have just bought an X reg Facelift 1.0 K11. I really love it. The door sills are perfect and I have every intention on keeping them that way. I have already sprayed waxoyl on the outside of the sills, but after searching around I understand there are insides to the sills which are also to be treated. Now, I think I now know what to do in order to treat them because I have made quite a few searches already before I wasted anyone's time. But, My question is, Is it really necessary to pull the carpets up and spray the inner door sills when I don't have a sun roof and also since the sill has also been plugged at the rear wheel arch? Where or how does the inner door sills begin to rust with/without these things?

Please help if you know because I want to preserve my car. Many Thanks.

Mart.

there are little plugs along the bottom of the outer sills..prise these out to gain access to inside of the sills.
now what to do next is get your lance for the waxoyl,jam the end with a screw and puncture the tube down its length for a few inches.when you poke the lance inside the sill and pump it the waxoyl will then spray the inside of the sills with a coating,rather than just a direct jet.if you decide to pull up the carpet to coat the sills is your call.personally i wouldnt bother as i reckon the waxoyl will bleed thru the carpets and stain them.plus waxoyl isnt the most pleasant smelling of products.

I understand. Thank you for that. I really appreciate your answer. Will the inside sills rust though if I do not have a sunroof or any holes left exposed?

I understand. Thank you for that. I really appreciate your answer. Will the inside sills rust though if I do not have a sunroof or any holes left exposed?
imo highly unlikely.if you mean the inner sills seen from under the carpet.the car is painted there and it doesnt really take much of a battering,unlike the outside of the car.if you wanna do anything then pull back the carpets and wipe the floor over then give it a polish .but id say thats going a bit ott..like i said,waxoyl the internals of the sill and slap some black paint on the underfloor to protect it...but make sure the underneath is completely dry before you paint it

Back