Rust

CMF_NISMO

» CMF Member
having just had my sills done after they went rotton, i have found another piece of structual work in the engine bay that appears 2 hav thick flakes of rust, it is the piece that the bumper and headlights are attatched to, does anybody else have these problems with their micras?

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
Where road salt is not a problem, has anybody noticed any particular areas on the K11 where rust can be a problem? e.g maybe the bottom of the A pillar or strut tower tops or sills?
I've seen a couple of otherwise good condition B13's with rust in the bottom of the A pillar below the window line. My S13 got rust in the vertical/east-west sill joint ~ 300mm forward of the rear wheel arch (not the seam running down the length of the car). Thankfully the K11 side is one pressing & doesn't have this joint.

CMF_NISMO

» CMF Member
ahhh, cheers, it's good to know that its not just my car!without meaning to sound selfish!i think i shall probaly leave it as you really have to look hard to see it, maybe get it done next time it is in the garage for its service and MOT.

Back