a "NEW" question on lowering

I've read the lowering thread already but i have one or two questions before I blow my wad on some maaaad coilovers.
I know Corsa B front coilovers will fit the front of the micra, and Polo 6N rear coilovers will fit the rear of the micra. ( IIRC ) Do I really have to buy two sets or scrounge the Fleabay hoping someone will split a secondhand set? Could I "modify" the fronts of the Polo 6N coilovers to fit the micra front? (I believe someone said that this would reduce the stability of the micra strut tower as it requires removing a lot of the structure? some clarification on this would be great) Could I modify the Corsa B rears to fit the Micra rear? TBH I'm surprised this hasn't been covered before haha. I was told the shape of the spring in the rear coilover is wrong but I have access to both a decent scrapyard and a grinder. Would springs from a different car fit?
Thanks in advance :)

Hmmm, looks interesting, your the man frank when it comes to the say so on these things, so what's your opinion? Maybe cut a bit neater

Yeah I know a few people running polo coilies all round...
Is there much work involved in making them fit? It'd be a very easy option if there was a good guide to follow

make sure the topmount is mounted correctly eh (and not undoing the shocker nut each time you turn the steering), this dutch guy tried a different approach http://www.micrafanclub.com/index.php/topic,15069.msg135928.html#msg135928
My dutch is not so good :p but from what I can see there he's modified the front corsa b coilover to fit the front of the micra? correct me if i'm wrong

Hmmm, looks interesting, your the man frank when it comes to the say so on these things, so what's your opinion? Maybe cut a bit neater
the neatness is irrelevant imo neil :) as long as the spring is sitting directly onto the thrust bearing assy (unlike lucifer,s setup :rolleyes:) and the shocker shaft is held firmly in the metalastic washer in the topmount, then there should be no problems

i also thought about a matiz set-up, like if I got some sport shocks and lowering springs for a matiz, i'd have lowered the micra a nice bit while retaining some element of comfort :p however i'm not sure will the rears from the matiz fit straight into the micra?
As far as coilovers go what adjustments have to be made to run Corsa b coilover's all round? Can it be done? :D
Or can someone tell me what i'll have to do to run Polo 6N all round?

If i decided to use Corsa B coilovers in the front of the Micra, Cut springs in the back with a panhard rod would this be a good set-up? I'd probably end up with corsa rear coils that were good for nothing but if they're no use to me.....?

If i decided to use Corsa B coilovers in the front of the Micra, Cut springs in the back with a panhard rod would this be a good set-up? I'd probably end up with corsa rear coils that were good for nothing but if they're no use to me.....?
Yeah that sounds fine, would need some panhard rod offset bushes and probably corsa b rear shocks to imo :)

I'm on polos all round and they're solid so far, the modding is safe if done well and just depends on if you trust it really. Safer if you use some front camber on the struts as it means you'll have more metal left to hold you. Can always get camber bolts to realign the wheels after...

Back