lowering

camoxodka

car half done :)
i had a look in the lowering guide, and the thing is i have a set of 6n coilovers and was just wondering are the front a direct fit to the car just because i could only find the back installation guide in the lowering guide.

i had a look in the lowering guide, and the thing is i have a set of 6n coilovers and was just wondering are the front a direct fit to the car just because i could only find the back installation guide in the lowering guide.
no, mod with care ! this is scary

co.jpg

so basically i have to cut a new hole out were it lines up and then weld a metal bush were the other hole it :) got it thanks frank :)

The 6n rears are great just a lil mod on bottom mount cut off 10mm off the knuckle i rund corsa b's on the front and just had to file 2-3mm out of the top hole on the bottom mount and drill out top mount to 12.5mm
Scott

aye, and that ramp near the hole is pushing against the bolthead as you tighten it up, so the 2mm of metal holding the knuckle is ripping even before you let the jack down :eek:

so are the front coilover worth modding of. is it worth getting corsa b fronts because i have the 6n ready to go have a welder and everything that i need just some opinions on it :)

so are the front coilover worth modding of. is it worth getting corsa b fronts because i have the 6n ready to go have a welder and everything that i need just some opinions on it :)
i personally would slot the lower hole upwards and inwards, so the outer metal retains its thickness, (and the crucial upper hole is left untouched)

By what I can see there is not difference tbh, I heard that corsa b are easy to mod. Just get some springs which are the correct rate for the car. Always try the springs which come with them though.

Really is no difference in my opinion.
I fitted corsa B front and polo 6n rear on my mates K10. According to him polo 6n front coilovers are shorter than corsa b.

Dont do what people have done before eg the picture frank posted. Always remember a K10 guy who did that and got huge cracks/stress marks on this struts. Dry a new hole then weld a washer on it to reinforce it.

EDIT: What Frank says!

Back