a NEW! idea

ok this is my latest idea. what i want to do is take off the stuff like my outer door handles, bumpstrip things, mud flaps because they are all faded and i also want to take out the like domey thing that covers the back of the dials and spray them black and then sprinkle like red glitter on it because i am going for the black and red theme with my car.

what do you think?

is there anything special that i would have to do?

thanks

Grant

It sounds just slightly tacky and a big bit gay! Glitter on your car :p lol.

I wouldnt do it, best bet is to get a door handle or rear boot handle from a scrappy and give it a try on that before doing it to your car.

If it was a metal flake then it could look good, but I would only do it for interior dash parts.

Kev

Something this 'bling' usually doesnt work unless the whole car is like it..

All I can say I think will you like it down the line, I've done loadsa things that I regreted later as I leant new skills.

Doing just 1 part of a dash is good for a bit then usually you'll be wanting to do it all, think carefully as once it's done it's hard to undo.

As for exterior, faded things can be resprayed, as for door handles, do you mean smooth them over?
Kristian has that on his car, not my thing put a very nice look.

These are only my opinions from my experienses of doing things before proper planning, I used to do things because I was borded or wanted to try it and later regretted.

Good luck and we're here to help when ever

clean with celulose thinners ANYTHING before you goto spray or the paint will probably never even have a chance of sticking. Also, bear in mind that unless you can get thick layer of laquer on any glitter will create a very rough surface.

Yep!
Clean the plastic, because I'm smoothing all my plastics a nice rough bas helps me and is working a treat but my first attempt weren't good due to just spraying on.

Back