Idea: Forum tools

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
I got to thinking the other day. I've got a Lisle inner tie rod removal tool that cost about £80 from the States to do my inner tie rods (MOT advisory).

Once I've used it, I'd be happy to post it to other members if they reimbursed the postage and sent it back or to another user.

Anyone else think it's a good idea or got any other unusual tools :)?

We could maybe have a sticky or a small site section.

I'd be happy to do this with trusted members, as long as I get it back in the same condition I sent it in I'm happy

Got a few things other people may want to use

Engine stand
Electric torque wrench
Mma welder (use your own rods)
That security torx bit for removing air bag steering wheel
Small capacity air compressor

Nice one Karl :). I've got an eleccy gun thing as well - 400+ ft/lbs of reverse torque and it doesn't snap your wrist off :D. Had to buy it when the NISSAN garage welded my wheels on (obviously with an air version) :mad:.

i really love the idea, but i can also see things getting lost very quickly. it would have to be logged online where everything was last sent to, and relies a lot on honest forum members, it might have to be for people who are paid members for a minimum of 2 years, to stop people signing up for free tools

Good idea Nex. Could have a rule like if you've been a member for a year and have 250 posts you would qualify :).

How about a 50% refundable deposit for the cost of the tool plus postage reimbursement. Also the person borrowing it has to supply an up to date address and telephone number (mobile and landline)

Back