A little rain never hurt anyone(exept me)

J

jonn4y

today while i was at work we got a sudden outburst in rain. while i thought i was ok because for once i had remembered to close my sunroof i stepped into my K10 only to fin water running from my ceiling.

i chased the water flow to locate the source and it appears my front windscreen is starting to have the seal peeling off.

i asume it was 1 of two things.

1. the age of this wonderfull car

2. The fact that a bird hit the seal this morning on my way to work.

my question is this...

Does anyone know a good brand of sealant that i can put on the seal that wont show unless on close inspection untill i can get my hands on a new seal?

thanks in advance guys.

quickdraw said:
stikaflex is the best thing to use for your motor mate :)
or equivilant (own brand for certain shops etc)

thanks for the quick reply i will keep an eye out for some..

Mine's started to do this! only minor, but get a stream of water flow down the drivers side pillar. Havent had a chance to see where the seal is broken yet, but i'l keep my eyes peeled for that stuff also :)

thats in the same place as mine runs all the way to the bottom down the pillar when you get time check the top corner of ur windscreen thats where i assume mine coming from cos its peeling away.

jonn4y said:
thats in the same place as mine runs all the way to the bottom down the pillar when you get time check the top corner of ur windscreen thats where i assume mine coming from cos its peeling away.

When water and K10's are linked, dont assume anything! By not sealing the rear lights, its known to cause floods in footwells of the car! Havent really got the time to check it out at the moment, too busy getting everything else on my car ready for JAE

Back