A little help needed

CMF_Virusash

» CMF Member
Hi all, im new here and i wondered if anyone can help?

I own a 1996 Nissan Micra 1.0 Shape, i havent done much modifications but ill be getting some alloy wheels from Dubai, anyway i love my car to bits, just dissapointed that my car doesnt have a tachometer, i recently bought a tachmometer, but im stuck i cant find the ignition coil, and i dont know where to put another connection in the ignition key switch!

if anyone can help ill be most grateful, btw this site is cool, at least im not the only one who loves micras, other ppl think im crazy lol

i have left a pic of my car, i know its doesnt look different but it will soon enough

i had the same problem. if its anything like mine. there is one wire that needs to be soldered onto a blue one on top of the distributor/coil pack. one needs to go to positive side of the battery and one needs to go to a 12v feed thats switched on with ignition. this can be found at the back of the stereo, and one thats normally for illumination.

CMF_Virusash

» CMF Member
Thanx mate, i understood ur distributor pack description, but my tachometer kit only needs the negative side of the ignition coil, is that the blue one u mentioned?

i didnt understand the other one, i need a the other wire to go to +12v circuit which is energized only when the ignition key is on (run)

can u plz explain where it needs to be put
and thanx for helping

CMF_kneival

» CMF Member
A 12v circuit that is on when ignition is on could be found on the back of your stereo.

Yes the blue cable is the one you want. It is located on top of the distributer in a 2 wire plug.

The dizzy can be found to the right hand side of the engine, where all the high voltage cables go too (just incase you didnt know!)

CMF_Virusash

» CMF Member
sorry about this, i have done all the connections except for the ignition coil one, as u said (kneival) i need to connect it to a blue cable located on the distributor 2 pin plug but mine hasnt got a blue one only a White/light green and the other is light green which one do i put it in

sorry about this and thank for ur help so far

CMF_rocket

» CMF Member
hello if that is the case, find the ignition pack and get a multi metre with a rpm gauge and prob the wires that you have and see if you get a rev reading. As they said on the micra is aus there is a blue wire, you just need to get the pulse from there.

Back