a little help?

babyboom

Ex. Club Member
i bought me a new stereo and fitted it at the weekend, the problem that i have is that if i turn it up the sub cuts out, now i have a mutant mt1105usb HU and an amp (dont know which kind) but its a small one and a 12" alpine sub, when i turn it up it cust out and when i turn it back down it works fine, now i think its the amp thats the problem although my pal says its the sub, can anyone help here?

i also wanna change the door speakers and tweeters, now i've already searched on here for the speakers, but i didn't see any info on the tweeters, basically what i'd like is tweeters that replace the ones in the piller so it looks standard, doesn anyone know what ones will fit?

Hi mate, ive got the exact same set-up in my Micra.

the Mutant amps are fitted with a safety circuit so you dont go overloading them really.
when you turn up your HU, the power goin to the sub just gets too much then the safety circuit kicks in.
I got by the problem by useing a really bass song (36 crazyfists - Waterhaul) in my case and put the song on repeat. took me an hour or so to get the settings on the amp just right so it didnt cut out.

before i read the manual and found out about the safety circuit i was almost tearing my hair out!!

hope ive been of some help to you,

let us know how you get on

Take it easy,

The method I used is to play a decent test track on repeat.

turn gain all the way down.

Turn HU volume up till it clips or distorts then back it off a bit, then turn the gain up on the amps till it clips or distorts then back it off a bit till it doesnt.

Back