Tweeters - A-pillar - Change - HELP!

B

Ben

Ok been working on the install all day, finally got all the stuff back in and its sounding great. Turned the level donw a bit on the amp though so not to break it again, relocated the earth to the wheel well and it soudning good. Only problem is though, the factory tweeters in the a-pillar cant handle the level of power thats going through the comps so they start to fuzz after a certain point, im thinking of removing them and relocating my new tweeters to the a-pillar but firstly i need to know how to get the a-pillar off so i can get to the tweeter and which wires do i need to cut off the ISO adapter to immoblise the factory tweeters??

I will get some photos up soon but it started hail stoning ( size of golf balls) so didnt have time - still need to carpet it all and light it up somehow then its finished

soz dont know nefin about the wiring side of this, but remember when the guy was fitting my alarm, he had to get behind the a-pillar too and well he jus shuved a flat head in one end to get a bit of lift and then just with a lil bit of force yanked it off. its just held in really well and tight by clips.

Pull out the rubber trim that goes round the door (remove the plastic corner kick panel at the bottom to find the end of the rubber trim). Then it's just clipped on with two clips.

Why are you running the factory and new tweeters both at once, one of the a-pillar and one of the b-pillar, thats just weird?!!

I'll also answer your pm in a sec.....

cheers for the pm pete, dunno what u on bout about preotus and all that but after a while i sussed that i needed my amp on 2 channel mode, had it on 3 and the sub was popping out.

Anyways, the reason i am running both at the same time is because i cant work out how which wires to cut to get the factory tweeters off duh! Hence the post. On the iso adapter thing, which wires shall i cut to turn them off then i can relocate the new tweeters to there position!

Unplug the smaller iso adapter block on the nissan loom. I think thats the one for all the speakers :). It's one or the other of those blocks anyway!

Preouts, I meant how many RCA's are going into your amp? 2 plugs, 4 plugs?

2-channel mode is probably what you need....but it depends on how many cables go to the amp.

still cant work out which loom to pull out, i pulled the smaller one out which had 4 wires coming out of it?? I would assume that 1 for each speaker but ehen i pulled it out, still had sound coming out of the left tweeter, pulled the other blok and had no power - baffled now!

the block with the 4 wires is for the rear speakers (i think) and the other block is for the power, antenna etc AND the front speakers.

if you look closely the wires should be labelled anyways (?)

:)

no, the block with the purple and green (rear speakers) grey and white (front speakers). Just play around with it, but i recon the grey/white wires run to a crossover which then is connected to the tweeter and door speaker... You'll probly have to follow the wires unless someone can tell you what way it works...

Back