a bit of progress

mik

» CMF Member
hey guys, as my car is now at the paint shop, i startet doing some interior work, as i want all in my car to be black inside.

Attachments

• 44587.jpg
    44587.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 22

mik

» CMF Member
and i bought some sandblast thingie, to sandblast the turbo which is going to fit in the micra soon aswell :) top one is a GT20, which i plan to fit, bottom one is a IHI RHB5, which is too small i guess.
But i'm very happy with that sandblast thingie, turbos look now like new :)

Attachments

• 44590.jpg
    44590.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 29

mik

» CMF Member
i was using an special car plastic paint, with primer before that. it seems to be somehow scratch resistant, lets see, i didn't use this type of paint before.

next step is to gather a turbo manifold for the gt20, which really seems to be not that easy. maybe i'll try an selfmade solution, if i can't find a better one :-/

mik

» CMF Member
finally i managed to get everything sorted out, so no bumps no scratches, just a clean micra :) tommorow it will be finally resprayed, as it to far too long now, i'm soooooo excited!

Attachments

• 46201.jpg
    46201.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 26

mik

» CMF Member
yay 13 hours after i brang the car to the paint shop
hell i love it! looks to bright white :)

Attachments

• 46228.jpg
    46228.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 19

mik

» CMF Member
this is what she looks right now, i startet putting back in the dashboard and the carpet. i'm kind of in a hurry as i need the car to be finished in september, as my cousin wants me to drive him to the church with that micra, as he maries september 10th :D still a lot of stuff to do :)

cheers

Attachments

• 46229.jpg
    46229.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 24

smidge

» CMF Member
awesome to have a little deadline to help with the rebuild! good choice of colour the white, stays nice and clean.. or at least looks clean

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
smidge WROTE:

"awesome to have a little deadline to help with the rebuild! good choice of colour the white, stays nice and clean.. or at least looks clean

Yeah I agree - having a deadline definitely helps projects along :)

Good luck with it - a big fan of the white respray & black dash here!

---dens

mik

» CMF Member
yeah the deadline helps really much and i'm really doing some sort of timetable to get all the "needs-to-be-done" until the deadline finishes. so even with that in mind, i try not to rush :) if i still have time left, i will add the "nice-to-haves" :) this wednesday is engine bay time, i will spray the engine bay in black to keep a nice contrast (as in my orange micra) and will fit the engine, and hopefully i'll get the flywheel out of the cg10 and onto the cg13.

cheers

mik

» CMF Member
timetable got shifted, so i startet with interior.
yay! this is a picture of my new roof, which i "tried" to get some synthetic leather on, still its not the final result on the picture :)
looks much better now, as everything is smooth and no big bubbles anymore. was a crap work to do tought :-/

Attachments

• 46307.jpg
    46307.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 19

mik

» CMF Member
hey guys,

i made a bit of progress again.
i striped the dirty ugly stock carpet out again, and bought a nice black carpet. all i can say is: f**k what a mess, to get in a carpet like that which is usually for your living room :D

Attachments

• 46569.jpg
    46569.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 25

mik

» CMF Member
yay engine is running, really cool! the engine startet after two years without any problems. more progress pics.

Attachments

• 46791.jpg
    46791.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 40

mik

» CMF Member
hehe yeah i thougt so too, looks pretty awesome without the grill and lights haha :D thanks dens :)

so today my dad, who's a car mechanic, welded the seat mountings. its really stable and safe. he just grinded the four original mountpoints, and welded them to the position where my new seats are mounted. result looks like this, was about 30min of work per seat.

Attachments

• 46824.jpg
    46824.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 21

mik

» CMF Member
sundays car workout, new door panels.
i bought some wood sheets and cut the panels out. they are much more stable than the original ones

Attachments

• 46879.jpg
    46879.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 21

CMF_micratech

» CMF Member
Your Micra is looking so cool Mik!
Great to see the Postert front bumper back in shape. Love the back of the car too, super smooth. Cant wait for your next update.. :)

Ooooh, all black interior is sweet to!! :D

mik

» CMF Member
thanks fusca and micratech :)

only thing what sucks about the postert front bumper is, that one fog light got smashed when i crashed the car, and i can't find another fog light like that :(

next update will come tonight/tomorrow, as i'm going later to my garage.

cheers all

mik

» CMF Member
nah, bad day today.

you know the days, when nothings really working, each friggin bolt seems to be and unique *******, and doesn't want to fit. you're trying to get a bolt in, which takes you an hour. what a day. got very angry haha :)

so not very much progress today ^^

cheers

CMF_micratech

» CMF Member
lol..been there.. ;)

Ooh! About the foglights for the Postert bumper. I had the same problem, but finally got hold of some foglights that fitted perfectly in the hole in the bumper. They even have angeleyes! I have kept them secret till now cause i wanted to fit them someday together with the new versions of the crystal black headlights from Depo (the ones with lens inside and angeleyes). I can locate them in my garage and see what manufacturer of the foglights if you would like Mik?

And please do copy what i have just mentioned, cause I would love to see this setup on a white micra together with the 2003 TW spec led rear lights.. ;)

mik

» CMF Member
thanks smidge :)
thanks micratech :)

yeah would be really awesome if you could check out which manufacturer the foglights are, as i really looked at a lot of foglights, but they were all crap.

yeah i love the depo lights too, might think of buying one sometime hehe.

cheers

/@ micratech, i wrote you a msg but it seems that the email adress was wrong, can you send me your email adress again? :) i got some good news :D

mik

» CMF Member
99% done, today i made the rear of the car.
after measuring and cutting out the wood, i mounted two (hinge?) joints so it can be lifted and i installed a damper from the k11 hatch underneath. so now the complete rear can be lifted, and there is some room for audio stuff and spare wheel, first aid, etc.

it opens and closes really smooth.

Attachments

• 47047.jpg
    47047.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 23

mik

» CMF Member
on top i added the same "livingroom" carpet :D and thats the result, again, sorry for the crappy pictures and many thank you to all of you who have watched, replied and helped :)

Attachments

• 47048.jpg
    47048.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 18
Back