'95 1.0 k11 won't start on damp mornings

My k11 has an incredibly annoying habbit of absolutley refusing to fire up on damp mornings. It will turn over fine, but it takes half an hour at least of turning it over and then it starts to catch (and it does this whole catching but not actually starting for at least 10 minutes) - or it floods really badly

what is the cause of this? I have aftermarket HT leads that don't fit snuggly unless I push them down after every journey, normally this stops it refusing to start but this morning it hasn't and I've just called the AA out.

If this has made no sense whatsoever I'm sorry, but I'm writing this in a annoyed mood :down:

3 things i would start first, firstly change the leads for new correctly fitting ones and replace the spark plugs at the same time. If the issue still occurs i would pull the fuel pump fuse out from under the dash (drivers side of steering wheel) turn the car over for 10 secs then whilst she is still turning push the fuse in. It will smoke for a few seconds but clear thats just unburn't fuel. This may indicate a fuel pump issue. Do you touch the throttle when you get in the car as micras are quite easy to flood.

clean off the white oxide from the points inside the dizzy cap. if it looks heavily eroded, replace cap & rotor.
check coolant sensors within spec
check the idle control valves clean n workin

A good scoosh of Easy Start up the intake tube :laugh:. Careful though, some cars get addicted to it :eek:.

I had similar issues with my '94 1.0 Micra, I took of the distributor cap and wiped away the condensation, sprayed it with WD40, put it back together - end of problem!.

You will need a 5.5 mm socket for the screws btw.

Roger.

Back