90degree drain pipe for throttle body

deano123456

Ex. Club Member
i have seen a couple of guys using a bit of drain pipe to use for there induction kit have got many elbows and stuff and just carnt seem to get one with a big enough bit to fit over the lip on the throttle body how did u guys do it?

I could quite easily get one fabricated as I work for one of europes largest drainage manufacturers, let me know what you want and I can get a price :p

screw clap thingys (forgot its name)
Jubilee clip?

Forgive me for being thick...what is it that you are trying to do? From what I've read in this thread you are removing the airbox and filter and then trying to stick a 90 degree elbow of drain pipe over the lip of the carb?

How come you want to do that? I'm not taking the mickey I'm just interested. Is it so that you can then add a cone filter or summat?

i have the induction kit sitting on top of the throttle body at the moment but dont like it there i want to do it so it sits behind the head light so will get more cold air cos i think it will suck more hot air in just on top of the throttle body

JJ1.0l any pics of urs on the car ?

ah right I understand now. If you can't get drain pipe to fit then there are plenty of companies selling 90 degree silicone tube elbows on the web. Obviously more expensive than drain pipe, but if you pay £20 then your paying way too much. You'd also need a couple of suitably sized jubilee clips, which are pence each.

yea i only saw a samco hose wich was 70mm and i think the throttle bodie is 700mm but not sure if its wider at the lip ad that samco hose was i think £24

IIRC the K11 throttlebody is 70mm in diameter, a 68mm piece of drainpipe will fit inside it nicely, it really isn't the best bet to go throttlebody to drainpipe, spend a few quid on some silicone hose and do a proper job.
This is what mine looked like.
614531df.jpg

I used a 90 peice of drain pipe for mine. I wrapped black tape around the outside of it until it built up a few mm. Then this sat on top of the TB inside the rubber ring part, then used 2 jubilie clips to hold it in place. The seals were tight and it never fell off.

Back