Throttle body

H

headgasket

Don't waste your money, the Air Mass Meter poroblem is usually caused by a dry joint on the circuit board, located behind the cover of the Air mass meter. The retification only takes a few minutes and it can be done while the throttle bodie is still on the manifold.
We have attempted this repair on many K11's and it has been sucessful everytime with the customer not having to shell out for a replacement throttle bodie.

Throttle Body repair where?

Is this a well known repair, my local mechanic didn't mention it. I'm on my third throttle body and the car is starting to display the symptoms again. I was told it's a common fault. £50 a pop, mind you the cost so far still isn't anywhere near the Nissan cost of a new one!!!!

headgasket said:
Don't waste your money, the Air Mass Meter poroblem is usually caused by a dry joint on the circuit board, located behind the cover of the Air mass meter. The retification only takes a few minutes and it can be done while the throttle bodie is still on the manifold.
We have attempted this repair on many K11's and it has been sucessful everytime with the customer not having to shell out for a replacement throttle bodie.

This is the problem which I have. What exactly do I do have to fix this ? I would gladly be another customer but I suspect distance may be a problem. Is there an illustrated article anywhere which will show me what to do?

looks like u been using a search sam but if u cant find it on here i recommending tryin a search on cisco micra site (austrailian) or micraholics (uk) should b able to get on there im too lazy to grab a link 4 u sorry lol

Sam said:
This is the problem which I have. What exactly do I do have to fix this ? I would gladly be another customer but I suspect distance may be a problem. Is there an illustrated article anywhere which will show me what to do?

http://www.micra.com.au/information/nissan-micra-articles/cg13de-throttle-body-resoldering-guide.pdf?PHPSESSID=8deeb96f948f94b621cb446d365b0915

Hope this helps.

Just to say I used the below video for reference. It is a straight forward fix. I managed to solder it with the body on the manifold. Solved all my bad acceleration and juddering issues. Took me about 2 1/2 hours, as the plate takes time to reseal if in situ.

Great vid clearly showing exactly what is required to resolder your PCB, personally though I wouldn't be messing with the TPS, this job can be done with it still in situ, I know I've done it.

Honestly, I saw what was involved in removing it and decided to work in situ. As mentioned create that extra working space by just prising off and proping up the air filter assembly. The room is more then adequate.

Mine got to the point where it wouldn't even get down to the local shops. A couple of hours spent on this procedure and it's made my car like new again!

Back