6x9 recomended

To be honest 6x9's are not that good. The best set up you can have is a good pair of front speakers which are amped and a small sub in the boot. If you have financial or space constraits then I would possibly look at rear speakers however they bring the whole sound stage backwards and make it sound like you have no front speakers.

Please consider this before you depart with your hard earned.

I would recommend the Kenwood HQ series of 6x9's if you were to get anys

they bring the whole sound stage backwards and make it sound like you have no front speakers.

Im agreeing with this now. I've always said my 6x9's in the back have made things sound better and not sure what people are complaining about, but alot of the time now, im checking to see if my fronts still work. Both fronts and rears are amped, but seems like the fronts dont work.

I have pioneer 6x9's though, and very good for what they are.

in my car ive got 4 6x9's and the standard speakers tht come with the car, none are amped and it sounds great!! ive just bought 2 subs which i am goin to amp and hopefully they'll sound great!! :grinning:

The ONLY set of 6x9's you should even begin to consider are the Genesis 2ohm and 4ohm sets.

Kev

Im agreeing with this now. I've always said my 6x9's in the back have made things sound better and not sure what people are complaining about, but alot of the time now, im checking to see if my fronts still work. Both fronts and rears are amped, but seems like the fronts dont work.

I have pioneer 6x9's though, and very good for what they are.

I hear ya... i do the same thing every now and then... i'll be buying a 4 channel soon enough, i think it has a fader on it (my old one doesn't) so i'll just adjust more power to the front. I got 2 kenwood 5 1/4s and 2 kenwood 6x9s as well as 2 clif designs 350w RMS 12" subs.... it does the trick :grinning:

Back